I'm a moron with shadow combos - please help!

Laurahead108

I have a filled 15 pan palette of neutrals, and I need help figuring out which goes with which, what shades I shoiuld dump as duplicates, which ones would really help, etc. I'm not fancy -- no outer V or anything -- just use 2-3 colors a pop. I know this is pushy, but could someone help? I just stink at this. A million thanks! FYI, I'm NW15, dark brown hair, blue eyes with yellow flecks. Thanks again.

I have:

Cork
Antiqued
Shroom
Soba
All That Glitters
Satin Taupe
Swish
Amber Lights

Arena
Naked Lunch
Girlie
Expensive Pink
Yogurt
Quarry
Haux

Hawkeye

Very easy for ya

You need 3 colors and I put them in the order that you use them
1) You use as an all over color and on browbone
2) You use it on the lid to crease
3) you use it in your crease

1) Yogurt
2) Girlie
3) Swish

1) Shroom
2) Naked Lunch
3) Satin Taupe

etc etc

bubbly_brunette

Hey you have some really nice shades of eyeshadows there! The bronzes/coppers/golds are perfect for your blue eyes.

You could do the following:

Shroom e/s as a base and highlighter, All That Glitters e/s all over the lid and Satin Taupe e/s into crease.

Yoghurt e/s as a base and highlighter, Naked Lunch e/s all over lid, Arena e/s into crease and Amber Lights e/s or Antiqued on outter lid or crease.

Shroom e/s as base and highlighter, Expensive Pink e/s all over lid, Swish e/s into crease.

Shroom e/s as base and highlighter, Cork e/s all over lid, Soba e/s lightly into crease.

Kat

one of my favourite everyday combos is shroom to highlight, expensive pink in the crease and all that glitters on the lid

ellesea

wow, this is a VERY informative thread. i love the suggestions (even tho they weren't meant for me. hehe). i'm definitely taking this down as a shopping list. i have trouble with color combinations, too.

chocula

Naked Lunch on lid, Satin Taupe in the crease, and Shroom to hi-light.

Shroom all over, Satin Taupe in the crease.

You can do just about any of your existing colors in combination with Satin Taupe in the crease or Naked Lunch on the lid. It looks good with almost anything. Great neutral collection that you have put together.

Street Angel

I'm glad you asked this question. I'm never sure which color combinations to use as well
smiles.gif