I'm a pigment noob!

candynipples

All along I've only bought MAC eyeshadow pots, I've been considering dipping into the world of Pigments & Paints but I'm not sure which to get...I have green eyes, black(dyed) hair with dark red highlights and I'm NW15...

can you recommend any pigments/paints that would compliment any of the shadows i already have? or if any of them are a HG for my skin tone/colors?

I'd go into a MAC store but the closest one is a Macys counter & its 2 hrs away
ssad.gif
I just order them online through maccosmetics.com..i just feel guilty when i order something & end up not using it because it looks rediculous or i don't know what to pair it with lol heres my list of what i already have:

Espresso, Slip Pink, Carbon, Idol eyes, White frost, Amber Lights, Star Violet, Green Smoke, Sattelite Dreams, Parfait Amour, Embark, Sushi Flower, Nocturnelle, Passionate

Thanks!
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

I know nothing about paints colours but pigments I'm a bit of a whore about .
Melon, Vanilla, Rose, Violet, Golden Lemon, Old Gold. If you can still get it Revved-Up, and Off-The-Radar.

noahlowryfan

pigments are not sold at counters. you can only get them at counters if the pigments is part of a collection.

candynipples

i order them online
tong.gif
i meant that i WOULD go to a counter to ask what goes with what i have/my skin tone just for reference but its too far away.

Karen_B

If you're unsure of what to get, I'd suggest getting some samples. They last FOREVER, and you'll be able to play around with different colours without spending a fortune. Lots of people on here sell pigment samples.
Some of my fav pigments are Gold Mode, Revved-up, Tan and Vanilla.
Vanilla goes with just about everything.
Tan looks really good with black or dark browns, also it goes well with teals.
Gold Mode would look really nice with Star Violet I think.

foxyqt

Pigments:
Fuchsia, Teal, Old Gold, Golden Olive, Violet, Blue Brown, Pink Bronze, Rose ...

& for Paints get Canton Candy its a great base for pink e/s!

melliquor

I would go with samples first before you commit to a full jar. You can play with lots of different stuff and see what you like.

liquidsirenhoney

try to get samples, i think vanilla (pigment is kind of universal) you can use it for eyeshadow or even a cheek highlighter. pigments are so much fun just i think it's best to try some out before commiting to a whole jar, as for paints i can't live without bare canvas.