I'm applying for an assistant manager position...

Bernadette

So this is quite an ambitious step for me but I am applying for an assistant manager position at my location. Our counter has only been open since May and in that time I've taken on a really strong leadership role and have done really well in all aspects. So although it's a long-shot, I'm going for it.
Does anyone have any advice? Anyone been through the management interview process and want to share anything? Anyone else just want to share some stuff that they would love to see in their management etc.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

amoona

Are you already 3rd key at your location? I know the 3rd key at my old location interviewed for the assistant manager position there and she said they pretty much just ask about how you contributed to management and the team as a 3rd key. In our region I know they wont even interview you for that type of position unless you're already in management.

If you are already 3rd key them from what I know they're going to want to see that you were able to handle the tasks of being a 3rd key while still making your goal. They pretty much look at how you performed as 3rd key. Good luck.

tabou82

Can't help you on advice other than GO FOR IT!!!!!! You're always so supportative of others on here and although I don't work for MAC yet, I think you would be absolutely wonderful as a member of management! Do the Damn Thang and I pray that you come out victorious!!!!!!

Peace!! Good Luck!!
th_DANCE.gif

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Are you already 3rd key at your location? I know the 3rd key at my old location interviewed for the assistant manager position there and she said they pretty much just ask about how you contributed to management and the team as a 3rd key. In our region I know they wont even interview you for that type of position unless you're already in management.

If you are already 3rd key them from what I know they're going to want to see that you were able to handle the tasks of being a 3rd key while still making your goal. They pretty much look at how you performed as 3rd key. Good luck.

Luckily having been 3rd key isn't a requirement in my region.

miss_supra

That is a big step and ambitious. Good luck! If you don't make it the first time they will know your are at least inerested for it. So if another one opens up you have another good chance. All I can say is be confident!

MsCuppyCakes

Good luck. I definitely think (based on your threads/posts) you would be a great asset to the management team.

Loveleighe

honestly i wish you the best because as it was stated previously you are always so supportive of everyone on this forum. If you on specktra is any indication of you at MAC then i think you would be more than qualified to be management. good luck.

baybehbekah

i agree with miss_supra, it is so important for the right people to know you are interested in moving up, because if this time it doesn't work out, then they will keep you in mind and watch you for next time!

good luck! & let us know how it goes
smiles.gif

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Luckily having been 3rd key isn't a requirement in my region.

Oh girl if that's the case then you're golden. They'll probably ask you similar questions to what I said before. Just make sure to mention every single one of your contributions to the counter. Even if yout hink it's something so small as maintaining the binders for the counter. When I interviewed for my new counter my old manager kept telling me how it's important to pump yourself up. Don't be modest girl, and if you're making your goal make sure you tell them even though they can see it on paper. You'll do fine, let me know how it goes.

weezee

I wish you lots and lots of luck! You go girl!
choochoo.gif
You are very supportive on this board and I think you would do great! Keep us updated.

FacesbyNiki

Girl go for it. My friend Lauren is assistant manager and she was only with the company for like 6-7 months.

You rawk girl!!!!!

SeXy MAC LuveR

Yea I definetly say GO FOR IT!!!=) I think youd be great for that position you are such a positive influence and you know your stuff
winks.gif
In fact I'm so confident that you'llget it that I wanna ask you if I can turn my resume in to you for a job
winks.gif

Bernadette

Thank you to everyone for all of your kind words and motivation! My interview is on the 8th and I'm already starting work on my plan of action. So far there are a bunch of people that have applied, but I'm going to do my very best and show em what I'm amde of. I'll keep you guys posted.
bigheart.gif

TUPRNUT

Wishing you all the best!

I've never worked behind a makeup counter, but I've done quite a bit of interviewing. My best advice is to prepare for the interview - research questions that may be asked and prepare you answers... this way you don't have to think off the cuff and get nervous. Think about your characteristics of a leader and also be ready to describe your management style.

Bernadette

So I had my interview yesterday. It went really well
yes.gif
. My business plan looked sharp and I answered every quesion very well. I'm usually really nervous at interviews and I leave feeling miserable but this time I felt completely confident with the entire thing. There is a lot of competition, a ton of people applied. One girl even drove down from Sacramento just for the interview.
I know that I did my very best and am leaving it up to the universe.
Thank you all SOOO much for your kind words and encouragement, I truly appreciate it. I
bigheart.gif
Specktra.
Oh, they said they were going to try to make a decision by the middle of next week so send me good good vibes
winks.gif
. I'll let you guys know when I get the news!