I'm certified :)

Bernadette

I got certified yesterday! Our counter has been open for sixmonths and we all knew the trainers were going to come in to try to certify some of us. Some of us made it, a few haven't just yet.
Our trainer totally tricked my friend and I. Yesterday was a super busy Saturday, tons of appointments and walk-ups, not to mention we were under-staffed. So towards the middle of the day one of the girls that's been with the company for a year got pulled aside after doing a few makeups and was told she was certified etc. So our trainer was leaving at the end of the day and came over to my co-worker and I and kind of talked to us about our progress and how things were going, things she noticed etc. We both totally thought the conversation was going in the dirction of "So just keep working on everything...." and after talking to us for a few minutes she was like "So, I just wanted to tell you both that I'm very happy to certify you!" Hah we both jumped up and down
th_DANCE.gif
. She only had one necklace though so we're having joint custody until she gets us the other one this week.
I'm not really sure what kinf os certification comes after the application certification, anyone know? I'm gonna go look in my book.

amoona

Damn your Application Certified already? I've been waiting for almost 8 months know!

Congrats girl! Now that you're Application Certified you can go for Product Specalist, Advanced Make-up and Fashion Show. Plus everything else haha.

Bernadette

I messed up somehow, I thought I had put this in the "working for cosmetic retialers" area, sorry
ssad.gif
Anyway, am I the only one that thinks the fashion show certification sounds absolutely terrifying!?

calbear

congrats!!!

ok there are a few other certs in addition to what was mentioned above - if you work at store there is a chance at 'lesson' certification where u get certified to teach a customer one on one in the privated makeup room of the store about mu application for about an hour, there is also ums (ultimate makeup seminar) which is when you get certified to teach a class like the technique seminars that macy's holds. the book also says that there is a communication cert but that may be just like the ums cert.

fashion show can be hellacious. it is done in a few ways. when a fashion show is coming up that can put out a call for artists and if you they like your work - u can get your cert there. if u don't get it there, your trainer can come to u and have you attempt it again. it can be easier since there is no talking just mimicking a look. hth

georgia7377

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Congrats. What is the certification mean? benefits of it? (New to all this) I found out today I got the job at a MAC pro store. So exstatic. Thanks for all the advice you left for me.
smiles.gif