im going to be in a book!!

missdiorable

smiles.gif

im going to be in who's who in america's high schools.

have any of you been in this book before?

aquarius11

How do you get to be in the book? Like how do you get picked, is there something you have to do to get in it? I graduated high school in '95 but I was just curious as I've never heard of this before. TIA!

rcastel10

I got so many letters while I was in high school to be in this book but I just never sent anything back or did anything about it.

missdiorable

aw the book is like a recommendation thing & you fill out this form about all the things you have done in your four years. i did all up to my junior year but it seems pretty interesting & so i was like hm ill do it. & the books are sent out to different high school libraries in the country.

rubixio

Those things are kind of a scam. I mean, they make you pay a pretty penny just to have a book with a list of names. Plus, a lot of people get in so it never seemed like a big deal.

Sorry to be a pessimist, haha.

Beauty Marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcastel10
I got so many letters while I was in high school to be in this book but I just never sent anything back or did anything about it.

me too

orodwen

i know my brother lee was but i don't remember if wes was. they were identical twins, btw.

in either case, congrats!

missdiorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubixio
Those things are kind of a scam. I mean, they make you pay a pretty penny just to have a book with a list of names. Plus, a lot of people get in so it never seemed like a big deal.

aw its okay i was going to get the book but i changed my mine. but at my school people were like uhh whats that lol

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubixio

im gonna agree with you on that one but i did it when i graduated in 2001 just to help my scholarship chances you know? like "hey did u check out Whos Who on page 297 (made up page)?"

haha

well it worked!!

jmdulock

I was in it in high school but I never bought the book. I think it's the top 5 or 10% of the country...not sure though.

Latest posts