I'm in search of a gold lipgloss...

Gloriamgo

Ok, so I've been looking for a gold lipgloss for AGES, and I just cannot find one gold enough. I already have Nymphette, which I love, and the gold shimmer that it has is what I'm looking for, but want it to actually be GOLD, not pink with gold shimmer, or any other color with gold shimmer, just plain gold. I already have Instant gold lustreglass, good as gold lipglass and some others. I would prefer a MAC lipgloss, but anything else will do (I guess, lol). if anyone could help me I would love you FOREVER!! even more if you have pictures...

mspixieears

UD Twisted lip gunk
MAC Ban Man-Go lipglass tasti - LE but they're still floating around

They are gold and nothing but!

You may want to try mixing a gold pigment (lip-safe, of course, check the lovely martygreene's precaution list) with clear MAC lipglass to get your own gold gloss. Samples of pigments are easy enough to acquire so you don't have to shell out for one full-size pigment.

Have fun!

Gloriamgo

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of pigments, is there a gold frosty one, that doesn't have glitter? I forgot to mention that i hate glitter in lipgloss, lol. But yeah, which pigment would you recommend?

user3

One idea is to get BeneFit's Glided and apply a clear gloss over it. Or just smash some of the end on your hand and mix it with clear gloss. This would give a multi use product!

Girlacktik makes a gloss called Rockstar Gold I think it's part of their star gloss collection.

Sephora makes one called Gold & Glow part of the Super Shimmer Lip Gloss line. They also make one called Shimmer gloss. It is suppose to be pink/gold but I didn't notice the pink. It looks amazing on bare lips!

Delux beauty makes one too called Antoine .

BeneFit has one called Curfew. This is my fave only because I love the smell and feel of Benefit gloss!

Eyeko makes a stick. It's another multi-use product.

If you want lipstick sephora makes one in their Glitter Lipstick line. I think it's #10.

Pinkie Swear makes a glimmer stick in gold. Yup, another multi-use product.

Smashbox's makes a gloss called Mood. IIRC it's pretty new.

I think Bourjois makes one called Or Euphoric. I can't recall if it's all gold or more yellowish gold.

HTH

I can tell you some have more "pigment" and some less. If you can I would test these in person. I can tell you they all have a more gold look to them compared to instant gold.

martygreene

To me, rose gold is the goldest of all the golds, even moreso than gold pigment. Gold and Rose Gold are both lip-safe, so you could easily mix them with clear lipglass and make a gold lipgloss that way. I've succeeded in making tinted lipglasses by taking a slightly less than new tube of clear lipglass (or a new one and just squeezing out some product into a sample jar to use later for something else), making a funnel out of some rolled up paper making sure the opening in the funnel is small enough to fit sungly on or into the hole in the lipglass tube, and then funneling the pigment into the tube. Then it's cap and squish it around until it's mixed.

You could also just mix it on your lips or in a little pot.

caffn8me

If you can get yourself to a M·A·C Pro store (which should be possible if you're in SoCal) there are a few Glosses which may work. It's just a pity that M·A·C doesn't use real product photographs for swatches!

glosshades.gif

another_mac_addict

Lure-x is sheer golden yellow. It's been discontinued, but you might still be able to get it somewhere. Oh Baby is more bronze, but in my experience it shows up better.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
ok i just bought one that looks just plain gold on me!

Mischevious Lacquer.....try it out!

I was just getting ready to recommend this. It's very gold.