i'm stuck with it???

K_ashanti

i brought something from the MAC stand at my local macy's but i lost the receipt its still unused in the packaging can i exchange it for store credit or whatev or am i stuck with it

Half N Half

I'm not sure about Macy's, I know the MAC counters at Nordstrom take pretty much anything back w/out a receipt as long as you have the little stickers they put on there. I would just call the store and ask. I'm sure they will let you exchange it at the least.

nonchalantbeaut

That happened to me once before at Macys. I bought something and I didn't like how it worked but I'd lost the receipt. They gave me a store credit. So I would try it.

TISH1124

I am not sure about Macy's one of them do not do returns on makeup unless it is defective...Not sure which one..I know Dillards will if you have the sticker in tact....Damn I wish I could remember which one told me No, but it has been so long ago that too may have changed...But it was Macy's or Nordstroms

ClaireAvril

i returned a studio sculpt from the Bay and exchanged it for Studio Fix.. they didn't even look at my receipt and exchanged it for me.

TISH1124

You can also put it here in the Clearance Bin...someone may just want to buy it from you and save you the hassle of it all.

gildedangel

Yes, Macy's does take things back without receipts! I got Pink Venus eyeshadow from my aunt for my birthday last year, and I didn't like it and had no receipt, so I brought it to the counter and they took it back and let me exchange it for a different eyeshadow, even though the box it came in was even a little beat up.

xKiKix

if you purchased a product from them they will accept it within 90 days as long as you kept the sticker that they placed onto the product from the purchase.

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
if you purchased a product from them they will accept it within 90 days as long as you kept the sticker that they placed onto the product from the purchase.

Is that their official policy? My aunt bought the eyeshadow I returned from a Pro store and they took it anyways, maybe my MA was just really nice?

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Is that their official policy? My aunt bought the eyeshadow I returned from a Pro store and they took it anyways, maybe my MA was just really nice?

hmmmm, i dont know about that. but i asked one of the sales at macys when i wanted to exchange a product but it didnt have a sticker and they were unsure of it until i told them that i had brought it from macys credit card and then they were relieved because it was under their database. so i'm not exactly sure but the sticker is pretty much their return/exchanged policy when recipt is not present thats what they told me. hth.

swaly

My Macy's (Herald Square in Manhattan) has this one super-sweet MA who lets me return unboxed/used/receipt-less. Nordstrom definitely takes things back without a receipt.

X4biddenxLustX

I'm pretty sure that Macy's will accept an exchange without a receipt. As for a refund I'm not so sure. But they can tell for sure that a certain item was bought from them because of their sticker system they use now.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah as others have said about Macy's there is a sticker that will be on the box that acts like a receipt. But in case you threw the box out you could ask them to look it up if you put it on either a Macy's charge or if you put it on like a Debit or Credit card. Checks/Cash transactions can only be exchanged.