I'm Stumped.......

pratbc

Hi Everyone,

So, I have this dress and am totally stumped on what makeup to wear with it since it has so many different colors in it.

Here is my dress:

327194943.jpg

Here is a closer picture of the pattern:

327194949.jpg

And here is a pic of me 2 days ago.

http://specktra.net/f166/my-first-ever-fotd-eek-108302/

Can any of you oh so talented individuals recommend a makeup look for me when I wear this? I wear mostly MAC products, so if you could recommend some MAC, it would be perfect!

Thanks so much in advance!

Patti

RoseyPosey

i dont know alot of names of shadows, but if it was me, i would stick with oranges and peachy colors.

I think it would make the dress and you feel and look summery.

MACATTAK

I think a gold look would be really pretty. Not like a yellow gold, but more of the Gold or Rose Gold metal pigment look.

aimerbijoux

Actually, I think a teal eye (MAC teal pigment) would look great with that dress
smiles.gif
some bronzer maybe and a pink lip and you'd be good to go.

Hilly

Ohh I think an orange shadow would be awesome like Firespot. Maybe even coppering which is more reddish, but may work too.
What a pretty dress!

FiestyFemme

Honestly, if it were me, I'd probably go with shimmery neutrals.
I'd probably do something like All That Glitters on the lid, Bronze in the crease, Embark in the outer V, and Nylon to highlight.
OR All That Glitters on the lid, Woodwinked in the crease, Carbon in the outer V topped with Bronze, Nylon to highlight.

If you wanted to pick up one of the colors in the dress, I'd go for peach/orange.
What about something like Jest on the lid, Expensive Pink in the crease, and Firespot in the outer V?

If you wanted to focus on the lips, I think a coral or bright pink lipstick with flushed cheeks would be really pretty.

I love your dress.
smiles.gif

pratbc

Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions! I think I will just play around with each of the looks suggested and see which one looks best. Gives me an excuse to play with my makeup!

Thanks again!

SparklingWaves

I think everyone has given you some great suggestions.

The hot trend right now is bright coral or peach lips. This would go great with this dress. If I were you, I would put the impact on the lips with the color. Wear black eyeliner in a cat eye liner fashion with a little shimmer on the lids and just a hint of peach on the cheeks. I would wear gold accessories like gold hoop earrings. What a fun summer dress!

pratbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I think everyone has given you some great suggestions.

The hot trend right now is bright coral or peach lips. This would go great with this dress. If I were you, I would put the impact on the lips with the color. Wear black eyeliner in a cat eye liner fashion with a little shimmer on the lids and just a hint of peach on the cheeks. I would wear gold accessories like gold hoop earrings. What a fun summer dress!

Thanks! I definitely like the idea of the peach lips and cheeks. I love this dress- it was a Mother's Day gift from my son. My mom swears he picked it out himself, hehe.

madame_morbid

I'd go with something like a very neutral eye with liquid black liner and number 34 lashes, Springsheen or Style blush for your cheeks, and Costa Chic or Vegas Volt lipstick.

Nzsallyb

yea, great ideas everyone. I would personally go for a neutral eye, or a brown smoky eye - using magnetic fields of course!
smiles.gif