I'm Such a Loser

Dark_Phoenix

We were on the couch watching Bridget Jones's Diary (it was my choice, I watched XXX 2 with him earlier in the week) in his apartment, snow is coming down, and it's the really romantic part at the end when Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth kiss in the snow. So we kind of start to make out... and I chipped his tooth. I guess I got a little too into it because there's a noticeable diagonal piece of his right, center front tooth that is broken off. He just broke away really suddenly and I kept asking what was wrong, then I saw his mouth and I'm like "Oh s**t". I mean, I didn't really notice that I did that except for maybe a shift in where our mouths were.

So we spent almost a half hour looking for the piece but we couldn't find it. He told me to not worry, that he would call the dentist in the morning. He had a presentation this morning (he's a year older than I am, 18, and is a law major) so I hope that goes well. I won't know until I see him this afternoon.

I feel like such a total loser... other than appologizing profusely and going out for dessert later today, is there any thing else I can do to say I'm sorry and try to do some damage control?

Girl about town

on a serious note i accidently stood up while he was leaning over and broke my ex boyfs nose!!! oops!! , it was an accident so i wouldn't worry too much xxxx

SparklingWaves

Yes, I would offer to pay the dentist bill. Hey, accidents do happen.

Also, I would play kiss and forgive me game over and over again. Sounds like fun to me.
graucho.gif

MACATTAK

Offer to pay for the dental bill, and definitely make him a special dinner with no kissing involved!! haha!

user79

Um, what were you doing inside his mouth to chip a tooth in the first place??
th_LMAO.gif

That is an awkward situation but I'm sure he will get over it.

MAC_Whore

You don't have to pay the dental bill. You were just into the moment. Accidents happen. Sounds like you were having fun!

banjobama

His tooth was definitely about to break anyway, so don't feel bad. One morning, my mom bit into her breakfast toast and her tooth broke. On a piece of bread of all things! A tooth will not just break if it gets touched.

That is really embarrassing but there's not much you can do. I'd say don't make a REALLY huge deal about it, just apologize and try to support him. The dentist bill will probably be really expensive, and since it's not really your fault, I'd say don't offer to pay it. If he tries to make you feel bad about it, stop seeing him.

Dark_Phoenix

He forgives me and his insurrance is covering almost the full cost of the repair. He had a porcelain crown put in yesterday... it's close to the same color as the rest of his teeth except more grayish. He said the dentist told him he already had a crack on the back of that tooth before he received the injury.