Im thinking of CHOPPING...

CantAffordMAC

Soooooo I dunno WHAT has gotten into me lately..

But I have been thinking of cutting my hair into the "posh" bob.. Not super short, but you all know what Im talking about...short in the back, then goes longer in the front...

I wouldnt get a really short one, maybe a little past the middle of my neck.

I am worried because
A) I have a fat face
B) My hair grows super slow
C) I have curly hair...

So that would mean, if I didnt want to straighten my hair everyday, Id have to deal with a small curly fro.
ohboy.gif
lmao.gif

Tell me what you guys think. Should I do it or not? (I would attach pics of my hair now, but they are all coming out too big)

aleksis210

I vote absolutely not, you will kill yourself with the maintenance, besides your hair looks nice and thick, I've found only people with really thin hair look good with that cut(imo!)

jenavii

I'd say do it! I love those sort of hair styles. But the fat cheeks can be trick to deal with! I have fat cheek too
ssad.gif

TISH1124

If you think you have a fat face...which I don't see , I would say NO! I think you will regret it

Hilly

I have the cut so I will give my 2 cents.

1. I have a fat face and it actually slims it down. I am also short, so i have also heard when you have long hair and are short- you appear stumpier. Short hair is just best on me.

2. I have straight, fine-medium hair. It takes about 20 mins to do if I want to do it. I use a blow dyer and a straightener. It works well, but I don't have curly hair.

3. When you get that "I wanna do something different" itch, I know it is soooo hard to scratch. I was growing my hair out, taking biotin and not cutting it, but then one day, i said hell with it and cut it a la posh.

4. oh yea if you're ballin on a budget, you need to keep in mind that you need to get this cut trimmed often because of the shape. So I go about 1x every 5-6 weeks and its lookin pretty shaggy by then.

RoseyPosey

i say DONT if you havr naturally curly hair. I have curly have (italian) and i jus cut it to get rid of the dead ends to just below my shoulder straight and i HATE it curly now because when its naturally curly it sits above my shoulders! cannot wait to grow it out!

mysteryflavored

If you're getting curly hair cut, it's usually a bad idea to get it cut wet. Deva-trained stylists are practiced in the skill of dry-cuts, where there's very little guesswork involved in what it's going to look like after it dries and curls up again.

I got my hair chopped a year ago -- not into a bob, but with shorter layers in front. Curly hair can look great when it's short:

bitmap22380-vi.jpg

It definitely scratched my "need something new" itch, too. :p

naturallycurly.com has a great supportive community, and you can learn a lot there if you're interested in getting a curly cut. They also have salon reviews if you're interested.

doll.face

No way! Especially if your hair is of a medium-long length now. If anything, do it in a series of steps to see if you will like it. I had to chop off a large portion of my hair because it was really dead from bleaching it. I HATED it! I mean in this case I "had" to do it but oh gosh, I hated it.

There have been other times too when I look at girls with those cuts and think "wow that looks great". But then when I'm considering it for myself, I know I'll most likely end up wishing I had kept my long hair.

If your face has some weight on it, I think a shorter cut might enhance that.

You'd probabaly have to play around a lot with your natual curl to get it how you like it.

n_c

Nope! Specially if you have curly hair. I just did it and the daily styling kills my hair
ssad.gif

Hikaru-chan

No don't do it, I made the same mistake and it's a complete pain to style and my hair is only wavy.
I'll be fighting with the flat iron on a daily basis and it will damage your hair no matter how much heat protectant your using.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
No way! Especially if your hair is of a medium-long length now. If anything, do it in a series of steps to see if you will like it. I had to chop off a large portion of my hair because it was really dead from bleaching it. I HATED it! I mean in this case I "had" to do it but oh gosh, I hated it.

There have been other times too when I look at girls with those cuts and think "wow that looks great". But then when I'm considering it for myself, I know I'll most likely end up wishing I had kept my long hair.

If your face has some weight on it, I think a shorter cut might enhance that.

You'd probabaly have to play around a lot with your natual curl to get it how you like it.

That's what always happens with me!!

xsnowwhite

since you say you have a fat face (I do too ugh) maybe do it a little modified, with side bangs. Or at least a side part. Idk though how it would be curly...if you did it shoulder length ish (think Jenny Mccarthy) I think that would work out ok.

pink_lily002

Be prepared for daily flat iron usage if you decide to get this cut. I have very wavy hair and use my flat iron on a daily basis in order to keep my hair in order. I also take exceptional care of my hair - wash it every other day (the second day is when my hair looks best!), use a hair mask twice a week, and go through heat protectant like crazy. The maintenance can get a bit annoying - no more than 8 weeks between cuts. I also have a very round face and have found that this cut actually makes my face look slimmer. It's all in how you part your hair and the length of the layers around your face that make your face appear a certain way.

I'm actually quite happy with this cut, especially now that I've found a stylist who actually understands what I want and how to cut my hair. When I first got my hair chopped off, I brought in multiple pictures of Posh and other people with the same cut. My stylist said "Oh, that'll look great on you! You'll love it!" then proceeded to give me my (then-current) long-layered style, only four inches shorter. My round face looked even rounder, and it was one length at the bottom - no a-line. I love that stylist, but she's now become the person I go to for color! I go to a different girl now for cuts.

Whenever I get tired of my look, I clip the front part to the side, do a little pomp, or do something similar to those, to give me a slightly different look (and get my hair out of my face!). I actually had the front of my hair trimmed shorter the last time I went for a trim so that I could do swideswept bangs too.

Basically, I say go for it, but only if you're willing to put up with the daily maintenance.