i'm torn between getting an ipod nano or the zen micro thingy, help!!! :D

ishtarchick

i'm caving in and getting an mp3 player, i love the look of the nano but it is damn expensive, so i was told to look for the creative zen micro. i saw it and i liked it actually a lot better than the nano bc of the FM radio feature, the guy in the shop told me not to get the micro bc it was a hassle, and it was not good in quality, it crashed all the time, etc. is that true? also, he told me to get the zen micro photo instead, but i'm not sure cause i really don't want it for pics, i just want to listen music
smiles.gif

so, what are your experiences with your mp3 players? are they good? hve they broken, frozen, etc? have you had it repaired? do you regret getting the one you got? etc?

Lalli

i have a pink ipod mini, they r good. expensive but worth it, comes with a 12 month warranty so if anything goes wrong Apple fix it or replace it. not sure about the creative ones never used one. i dont regret getting mine! its great specially at the gym when u can work out to your own tunes
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

browneyedbaby

Another vote for an ipod, you seriously can't beat them imo. Apple are really great quality (even my computer is a MAC hehe). And we have three types of ipod in our house, all great.

as_cute_as_pie

ipod but can i vote for a video one lol
i have it and its really gd i used to have a mini unitl it was nicked (must of been gd then lol) and i loved that too
i say video cos a) nanos have rubbish battery life as their so small lol
b) videos have much bigger screens better for pics and vids and are actually viewable lol esp if u put the album cover next to the song
ermm ipods because u can buy so much for them (hah sounds like a pet) like the speakers and their gd too!
oh edit to add that im not sure about the other one but u can make all sorts of playlists on the ipod and listen to stuff by like artist/album or all songs at once as well as creating your own personal playlists
smiles.gif

i love them hah is that a reason
tong.gif

Shimmer

The two really almost go hand in hand.

I quite honestly would save up for a video Ipod. That's what I have and I freaking LOVE it.

moonrevel

I have an iPod mini and a nano, and I love them to pieces! I have never had a single problem with either of them, and I think for the quality they are well worth the price. I hate listening to the radio, so not having an FM tuner in it isn't really a big deal for me. I mostly just use the nano now, and I take it everywhere since it doubles as a flash drive for me if I need to carry documents around! I am a bit biased, though, since I have been a member of an Apple family since the 80s and my brother works for them, but all of their stuff lately has just been of an amazing quality, and their tech support is ace in the event that you would have a problem.

kaliraksha

Oh man, I'm probably going to be alone on this.

I would almost suggest anything but an ipod... unless size is really that important to you- although there are some small ones out there.

I got rid of my awful IPOD recently. You can't really use it as a mass storage device being that you have to try a bazillion different third party software that might or might not work to get songs on and off of it. It use to work, until itunes/ipod was updated to break that-- uh oh, heaven forbid I use music I purchased from you and actually want to move it from another computer. Or even worse... something I recorded...like notes.. are they protecting copywright issues of me? The sound quality is just beyond terrible... not even an equalizer involved. The battery life sucked big time for me. The "40 dollar headphones" are terrible too. You have to download itunes to use it. Some of your current movies and music as the disclaimer on ipod says may not be able to be used on your ipod because it only supports certain file types.

I recently got an iRiver H10 at costco for under 200 and I couldn't be happier. In reality since it is from Costco and they have their no questions asked refund policy... it's like a down payment... if I'm ever unhappy they take it back and give me my money back. All i had to do was plug it in and drag songs into the drive like a mass storage device is suppose to be used. This is really important to me, I have 2 computers and the one at home-- so I switch my music around all the time and sometimes give it to my brother. It even holds data files. It's small, light, pretty sleek, comes in different colors, has beyond awesome sound quality with a very advanced equalizer. Has a built in fm/tuner and voice recorder. Came with a carrying clip and also a silicone skin. Came with comfy sennheiser headphones and to boot a free month to napster to go online... not that I'm using it but I might. My two cents on the Ipod.. which at one point I was very excited about and soon became disappointed...

You want a real beauty in that ipod photo/video 30gb+ price range...try any of the cowon iAudios x5 + m5 being my faves... that's awesome sound quality,small,sleek, easy easy to use... it just is a hard drive you can put almost whatever on it. I've seen hard drives backed up on it. It supports .oof and .flac-- best rips...sometimes better than radio quality. www.iaudio.com

Sorry if this was a very anti-ipod post, but I use to be a supporter... and for me their technology isn't improving all that much (although the size of nano is impressive) and their price isn't going down much either... there's just better stuff out there... and I think you should pick based on your needs... if an ipod works for you then great.

I have literally taken my ipod and my iriver... plugged in the same headphones and listened to the same song from my computer on them and the sound quality cannot compare to the iriver. This is on just an .mpg file. If you get an iaudio it supports .oog and .flac files... which are like the HD of music... seriously you can hear artists music the way it was intended/recorded.

*p.s* although I know for a fact that no one can ever argue with "but it's so cute" for an ipod. sooo... in that sense the ipod always always wins. especially when i see a girl apply her eyeliner in class to her ipod nano's very shiny mirrored back. gotta love UT