Iman cosmetics line

iio

Have any of you tried Iman's cosmetics line they are especially for women of all color. Here is the site http://www.imancosmetics.com/1.0/
I've been curious as to see what you think about her products if any of you tried them. I just ordered one of her skin care facial lotions and Im thinking of ordering her eyeshadows...but not sure how good they are.
hmm.gif

MsCuppyCakes

I used her foundation before. If you have an Ulta near you, stop by, they carry her line. I like being able to touch and feel product.

iio

Yeah Ulta does have some of her stuff but the one near my house doesnt carry her line
ssad.gif
argh. But I did go on makeup alley and Iman cosmetics had some really good reviews...

Tawanalee

I'ved used her Second to None Cream to Powder foundation in the past....& I loved it until I started experimenting with different brands. I still use her Bronzing Powder. Never tried her shadows, blushes or lipsticks....I think it is a great brand! If you can find a store that sells it, give it a try. Doesn't Walgreens carry her brand?

rmseals

I bought Safari, Glitz, Nutmeg, Tiger Eye, and African Violet eyeshadows. I plan to try them out this weekend so I'll report back and post photos soon.

rmseals

I tried the Iman eyeshadows today and overall I really like them. I think they're good for an everyday neutral look. This looks better in person...I just can't translate that with my camera. You can't really see the gold brow highlight *sigh*

I used:

Face:
MAC Studio Fix Fluid
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Eyes:
UDPP
Iman Nutmeg (inner lid),
Iman Tiger Eye (outer lid)
MAC Espresso (crease)
Iman Glitz (brow)
MAC Fluidline in Dipdown

Lips:
MAC Cork lip liner
MAC Touch lipstick

Iman0001.jpg

closedeyes0001.jpg

NEW0001.jpg

meika79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawanalee
I'ved used her Second to None Cream to Powder foundation in the past....& I loved it until I started experimenting with different brands. I still use her Bronzing Powder. Never tried her shadows, blushes or lipsticks....I think it is a great brand! If you can find a store that sells it, give it a try. Doesn't Walgreens carry her brand?

Yeah Walgreens sells her line but most of them don't have testers.
hmm.gif
I nearly got into it with a security guard because he accused me of opening the boxes and told me I had to buy them all.

Misshopeful24

Since Canada tends to be really limited, None of the US, fave drugstore products are up in our drugstores, I did find Iman. We have testers and what not, I found the eye shadows and was like what should i try that doesn't look like i painted my face with face paint? What are some good color combos that I could try? I did have the Luxury Pressed powder purchased for me at one time and of course it tends to control the oil a bit but thats about it

Ingenue

ULTA has Iman Cosmetics... with testers. I still swear by her stick foundation. Works on oily skin like nobody's business.

Kaycee37

I second the AMEN on the stick foundation..
It's great for oily skin....stays on well!!
Makes me want to apply some for the next face...
Purchased mine at Walgreen's, no testers. But I went on line and selected a color before I drove to Walgreen's to purchase!
Enjoy!!!
th_DANCE.gif

reesesilverstar

I tried it way back in 2003 I think. There was this set with a lipstick called brazen in it. I LOOOOVED that lipstick. Perfect red. In fact the entire set was good.

Ingenue

Yeah, I'm sad the line didn't get more love at Sephora. I guess it wasn't selling, so they pulled it.
I keep one of her stick foundations in rotation. The 'Clay' line is the most versatile because of the yellow base. Earth runs a close second (red base).

ashja

I just went into ULTA and tried Clay 1 Liquid to Powder foundation and it's perfect! I ended up buying it. By far the best matching foundation I've found with my skin tone (which is kind of weird because I have weird undertones). I love the consistency and how light it feels. I also Studio Fix NC43.
smiles.gif

captodometer

Sears also carries the Iman line, at least here in southern California. I just bought the Second to None Luminous foundation and I love it, so much that I may stick with it instead of my StudioFix compact. I got the Clay 5 shade; would be NC50 in StudioFix.

mturner0516

I'm having a love affair with the Iman stick foundation....all other foundations have been set aside...currently using Clay 4 since I'm in between NC45/50