Imats 2010

Diorcat1

I was at this a couple of years ago and I have to say its not as big as I thought it would be, really good seminars etc and MAC had a bodypainting demo that was just AWESOME!! Has anyone been to the LA one? I live in Ireland, but I'd LOVE to go the American one!!

mac_addict.gif

SagaLina

I would love to go. Since I live in Sweden it would take a little more planning and saving to take me to U.S but London mayby it could work 2010...
Does anyone know how much the tickets is?

Moxy

Me and one of my girls are going too! We're gonna book flights and our hostel soon, just because it's cheaper now. I know the IMATS in the US is always fab and that the one in London has less brands and probably less people, but some of us can't afford to go to America, so this will have to do!
We are so excited nontheless. We are not those kind of people who complain about everything, so even a "small" make up event will be exciting for us
yes.gif

LMD84

i'm with Moxy! i'd love to be able to afford to go to an american one! but i can't
ssad.gif

i'm thinking of going to imats on the 30th because i will be in london the day after anyways
smiles.gif
most likely on my own though because none of my friends are into make up
ssad.gif

toparistonight

Yeah, I heard about the pro-card thing on Twitter ): Makes me quite sad, I suppose, because I really wanted one, haha. Oh well, I'll see what happens between now and Christmas.

Moxy

^^ Me too, we'll see what happens about the whole pro card fiasco...

BTW, does anybody have a list of brands that were at london imats last year? I've searched far and wide and found no lists, just some random photos but the only 2 brands I saw for sure on those photos were MAC and MUFE... anybody? Would be good to have a list ready and to know how much money approximately to save
yes.gif

RedRibbon

I want to go to this as I really need to pick up some brushes more than anything really though I'm sure buying some makeup won't hurt
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
^^ Me too, we'll see what happens about the whole pro card fiasco...

BTW, does anybody have a list of brands that were at london imats last year? I've searched far and wide and found no lists, just some random photos but the only 2 brands I saw for sure on those photos were MAC and MUFE... anybody? Would be good to have a list ready and to know how much money approximately to save
yes.gif

Hi, I clicked on brand appearing and it said coming soon, then I clicked on floor plan and this came up

http://www.makeupartistshow.net/IMAT..._quick-ref.pdf

NatalieMT

I really want to go, but sadly advanced ticket sales have ended now - trust me to be late! I suppose you can still get it on the door which is fine.
greengrin.gif
I'd be interested in meeting up with other forumers as I will also be on my own most probably.

LMD84

damn! i didn't realise that there were only so many advanced tickets! bugger! how much will it be on the door?

NatalieMT

Regular on the door tickets for 1 day is £45 and for 2 days £65. I presume you're not a student, but just incase tickets are each £5 cheaper with a student ID. Found this information here - IMATS London 2009.

I first thought it was quite a hefty price tag but I then decided it's worth it for the learning opportunity and the key note speakers alone to me.

RedRibbon

I'm wondering whether it will be worth it for me, I just really want to pick up some of those Crown brushes, £45 to get in, travelcard to get there and then I wonder how nice the discounts will be to us seeing as we're in recessionary times.

cazgh

Hey guys, I think you are looking at info for the 2009 show. Advance tickets for the 2010 show are still available here:

Make-Up Artist Magazine

and they cost:
£55 for both days
£33 for one day
£48 for student 2 days
£28 for student one day

The exhibitor list is not available yet.

I'm up for meeting anybody from Specktra if anyone would like to
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

I just checked last year's list and I didn't see MUFE or NYX, I hope they are there next time. I was reading someone's blog about the US version and NYX and MUFE were at theirs, boo!

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
Does anyone have any updates on the PRO card issue? I want to go since I live right next to the venue but I'm really only after the card...is it worth going anyway? I've never been before...

If I hadn't been given a free ticket and been able to get the PRO card then no, I wouldn't have gone. There just weren't enough brands there to warrant the ticket price. It was like a school fete in comparison to the size of the U.S shows!

glam8babe

i really want to go too, and hopefully meet up with some of you guys.. think it would be boring going on my own! lol and im also interested in crown brushes and maybe some MUFE

Ggxox

Oooh I do really want to go to this but I'm not exactly right next door to London so hmm it depends if it'll be worth it. Would love to see some of you guys though!
xoxo