IMATS Sydney

simplyenchantin

^^ I probably spent more like over $500 but then I bought heaps of MUFE stuff instead of getting it CP'd. It would've cost about the same with Media Make Up's discount (I don't remember how much it was
ssad.gif
), and it's nicer to be able to see and touch and buy straight away hehe. I also wasn't buying only for myself.

So to try and answer your question, it really depends on what you want. I went with a number of companies in mind that I wanted to check out, whether I ended up buying from them or not was a decision I made on the day which is why I brought a credit card.

Also, a lot of the US people were putting transactions through with US dollars so exchange rate is something to keep in mind, for a lot of the transactions I got charged a few extra dollars "transaction fee".

Brushes were very cheap, Ben Nye stuff was very discounted in some stalls, not at others so it pays to shop around.

I hope some of that actually answered your question haha!

aussiemacluvrrr

I think I spent about $400.....

OCC lip tars were $15 each I think and other OCC products were reduced, MUFE (Media Makeup) had 20% off their stock, Royal Brushes were very cheap, like $6-8 a brush for eye brushes and maybe $15-$20 for face brushes.... Like Mich said, there were some stalls with good discounts on Ben Nye... Naked Cosmetics had their pigment stacks there and they were only $20 a stack if you got three stacks... And like Sal said, the Smashbox stand was also very very cheap..
smiles.gif

Just had a look at the preliminary exhibitor list... Still no MAC stand
ssad.gif
Or Urban Decay, Stila, NARS, or NYX and Kryolan doesn't seem to be there this year either, even though it was there last year
ssad.gif
Our exhibitor list is pathetic compared to the LA show..
ssad.gif

There is Hakuhodo on the list and i am so excited to buy, the brushes look so beautiful. imjust worries, cause it says TBD next to it standing for what i think - to be decided? last year i would have spent 500 because i was staring up a makeup kit. but this year, i think i will spend the same because i want to buy the hakuhodo brushes and the set i saw cost about 400! im so excited
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
^^ Ok I think I'd go just to check out those brushes in person.

LOL Yeah i i deff want to see them in person cause i dont want to spend that much without seeing quality. but if they are fantastic, i wont mind spending the money cause i dont really wear eyeshadows or different lipglosses or blushes, so i aint spendn too much on me regular kit

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemacluvrrr
I think I spent about $400.....

OCC lip tars were $15 each I think and other OCC products were reduced, MUFE (Media Makeup) had 20% off their stock, Royal Brushes were very cheap, like $6-8 a brush for eye brushes and maybe $15-$20 for face brushes.... Like Mich said, there were some stalls with good discounts on Ben Nye... Naked Cosmetics had their pigment stacks there and they were only $20 a stack if you got three stacks... And like Sal said, the Smashbox stand was also very very cheap..
smiles.gif

Just had a look at the preliminary exhibitor list... Still no MAC stand
ssad.gif
Or Urban Decay, Stila, NARS, or NYX and Kryolan doesn't seem to be there this year either, even though it was there last year
ssad.gif
Our exhibitor list is pathetic compared to the LA show..
ssad.gif

yeah I messaged Kryolan on FB ages ago and said I was excited to see them and they said they weren't sure if they were going
ssad.gif

I mainly want some occ and brushes, I want to save up lots because I don't want to be dissapointed if I run out of money. Plus I'm flying down for that then meeting up with my bf's band as they are touring at the same time so I need money for that as well. Lol, must not spend all my monies at IMATS haha I can so see that happeneing!!!

lara

A friend and I will probably end up going, even though we found the show last year to be rather disappointing.

But hey, it's a start. Hopefully it'll be less cheap and tacky this year.

Whoever said about not seeing brands like NARS and Stila there: any brand represented by Mecca/Kit won't be there unless Mecca/Kit decide to exhibit which is highly, highly unlikely.

simplyenchantin

I wish it was earlier so I could pick up some brushes for my TAFE course haha. I bought some stuff from ACMUSE for TAFE and they exhibit too, don't know if they'll have extra discounts though!

aussiemacluvrrr

The exhibitor list has improved dramatically for IMATS in September
greengrin.gif

MAC is even listed, but they are "TBD"......

So far this is what the list looks like...

Arts Make-Up Centre and College(Lines include: Dawn Powder colours, Grimas, Reel Palettes, Wig Knotting Kits, air brush supplies, Kat Kit Road Bags and Ben Nye)
Academy of Makeup
ACMUSE (Lines include: Tas Merah, Premiere Products, Skin Illustrator, RCMA, Japonesque, Mouldlife and WM Creations)
Ben Nye Makeup
Body FX
Choice Brush & Accessories
Crown Brush
Designer Makeup Tools
Final Checks Makeup Academy
Hakuhodo
HUB Makeup (Lines include: Temptu, Ben Nye, Rubberwear, Michael Davy, Gorgeous Cosmetics, Madam Lash and Duo)
IL Makiage Professional Mineral Makeup
Kryolan (TBD)
Lashes On Line
M.A.C. (TBD)
Make-Up Artist magazine
Make Up Business, The (Lines include: ERA Spray Make-up Range from Classified Cosmetics and nuBrow False Brows from nuBrow)
Make-up Effects Group Master Classes
Make Up For Ever
The Make-Up Foundation
Makeup and Glow
Mehron (Lines include: Paradise Face and Body Makeup, LUX Airbrush Makeup, Extreme Beauty Products, Special Effects Makeup and Professional Makeup accessories and tools)
Naked Cosmetics
Northern Sydney Institute TAFE / Sydney Academy of Hair, Beauty & Makeup
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
Pacific Trade Group (Lines include: Smashbox, FACE atelier, DuWop, Dermacia and It Cosmetics)
Rowe Trading / Smooth-On
Royal Brush
Scotty's Makeup and Beauty
Serge Louis Alvarez
Showface
SMiiNK
Sydney Academy of Hair, Beauty and Makeup
Ultimate Brush Roll
Yaby Cosmetics

simplyenchantin

^^ Sydney Academy is my TAFE ehehe. Also I think Scotty's Make Up and ACMUSE are the same people coz thats where we got our kits from ^_^

roLLerGrrL

I thought I would look this up as I haven't heard of it before.... and woah! Tom Savini's going to be a guest speaker! He's a magician (when it comes to dead makeup that is!) I might go!

i just have a question re the classes. last year i didnt have an option to pay more to get into classes and i wanted to go but i didnt know if i could. i noticed on youtube the american gurus said they paid extra to get classes ticket, is it the same here or can we just walk int o any clasS?

simplyenchantin

^^ I'm working the weekend of IMATS AND the Beauty Expo lol.. just my luck! I'm going to try get annual leave those saturdays so I can go at least one day
smiles.gif

RE: Classes, I went last year and I just walked into any of the speakers I wanted to, but you had to line up early coz it was pretty packed!

jadelina

Hey Ya girls,

Can i ask a question, to those that have been before.

Are all the prices, as is, or if you take some documentation/business card do you get a further Pro-discount?

I read something along those lines somewhere and now for the life of me i can't find it anywhere.....

TIA

Jade
xoxoxo

jadelina

^^^ Thank you.

It is one of those things where i thought i read it somewhere but can't find where (or i have just made it up in my head
lol.gif
)

aussiemacluvrrr

I believe that the majority of exhibitors sell the products at reduced prices, so you wont get any further discount on the day if you produce a business card. But if you take documentation to some exhibitors (like Media Makeup who stock MUFE) you can sign up on the day for a MUA discount so that you are given the discount on future orders with them.