In law stories?

cupcake_x

I know there's a mother in law drama thread, but the stories don't have to be specifically about the mama in law (it doesn't even have to be an in-law for that matter.. My boyfriend and I have been together for years but aren't married.. However, we consider our parents our "in-laws" :lol), or even about drama. They can be funny, sad, happy, nerve wracking... Anything!

I always love hearing about stories when people meet their S/O's parents!

Here's mine:
My boyfriend sprung the idea of me meeting his mother and step-father on Halloween 2 years ago.. I had to meet them with drag lashes and fairy wings!
I could've killed him but she seemed to think it was cute.

Now you!

kaliraksha

Hehe, that is a cute story. Unfortunately, I haven't thought of anything worth writing about in this topic... I'll keep on it I'm sure some story will come to me.

Look forward to other responses... I bet some are more hilarious than Meet the Parents.

TISH1124

I have no cute in-law stories because I pretty much dislike 95% of them....mother, father, brother, sister and all their husbands and wives ...and most of their kids
yes.gif

kaliraksha

When I first met his parents they had just moved to Texas and his mom is a big gardener and it was awesome that I was able to identify plants for her. The next time I came I brought her an old gardening book on Texas gardening and she freaked out after I left about how I was suspiciously nice and that she couldn't accept or use the book. His mom is a little paranoid and dramatic, so I didn't let it get to me. Then a few weeks later I came to visit and she had all the pages bookmarked with post its, highlighted and little notes scribbled in it... and it made me smile. She's a little stubborn, but hopefully she'll come around.

xxManBeaterxx

No cute stories here either.

They all pretty much dislike me. They have this idea that i purposely wanted to get pregnant at 18 and i "ruined" my husbands life and freedom. And they being hard core catholic, we were also unwed. Some how they put all the blame on me, whatever, if they want to be a negative influence on my family we dont need them in our lives. But now nearly 5 years passed since i gave birth and me and my husband worked our ass off to where we are now with no help from them, not even his own mom or dad, they call and bug us for money, giving me this sob story. Whatever.

But if it wasn't for my parents i dont know where i would be without them

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
When I first met his parents they had just moved to Texas and his mom is a big gardener and it was awesome that I was able to identify plants for her. The next time I came I brought her an old gardening book on Texas gardening and she freaked out after I left about how I was suspiciously nice and that she couldn't accept or use the book. His mom is a little paranoid and dramatic, so I didn't let it get to me. Then a few weeks later I came to visit and she had all the pages bookmarked with post its, highlighted and little notes scribbled in it... and it made me smile. She's a little stubborn, but hopefully she'll come around.

I hope she does come around
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx

They all pretty much dislike me. They have this idea that i purposely wanted to get pregnant at 18 and i "ruined" my husbands life and freedom. And they being hard core catholic, we were also unwed. Some how they put all the blame on me, whatever, if they want to be a negative influence on my family we dont need them in our lives. But now nearly 5 years passed since i gave birth and me and my husband worked our ass off to where we are now with no help from them, not even his own mom or dad, they call and bug us for money, giving me this sob story. Whatever.

That's messed up they're putting all the blame on you. It takes two to tango!

L1LMAMAJ

They're not my in-laws (yet, haha) but my bf's parents are pretty nice to me. His dad is pretty quiet and doesn't talk much but when he does, he's charming and funny. His mom is quite a chatterbox (in a good, entertaining way) and is always making jokes and whatnot. Apparently I'm the first gf that my bf's parents have ever liked (he's had two ex's before me). The first ex gf was flaky and the second ex gf always whined and talked in a baby voice (all cutesy n sh*t). They invite me to family gatherings (apparently they never used to invite my bf's ex gfs) so I feel special.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha

cute!

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
They're not my in-laws (yet, haha) but my bf's parents are pretty nice to me. His dad is pretty quiet and doesn't talk much but when he does, he's charming and funny. His mom is quite a chatterbox (in a good, entertaining way) and is always making jokes and whatnot. Apparently I'm the first gf that my bf's parents have ever liked (he's had two ex's before me). The first ex gf was flaky and the second ex gf always whined and talked in a baby voice (all cutesy n sh*t). They invite me to family gatherings (apparently they never used to invite my bf's ex gfs) so I feel special.

Aw! That's so awesome they like you.

My boyfriends mother liked his last flaky skanky looking ex named Jessica (this chick is PSYCHOTIC, i swear) and when I met her she was like "Oh Jessie was such a nice girl". I was like good god is she for real?

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
Aw! That's so awesome they like you.

My boyfriends mother liked his last flaky skanky looking ex named Jessica (this chick is PSYCHOTIC, i swear) and when I met her she was like "Oh Jessie was such a nice girl". I was like good god is she for real?

OMGGGG i have to say something!! i hate it when my bf's mom brings up his ex gf's. I am so @#$!% as I type this out. I forgot to mention this before.

So the first day I met his parents, they took me out to lunch. We met up at their house and I was introduced to them yadda yadda yadda. So they decided we go to CPK. My bf was like "CPK? Where is that again?" and his mom was like, "u know where _____ used to score keep? It's like close to there." (the ____ is her name)

So right off the bat, I thought his mother liked his ex gf to actually mention her name. This has happened everytime I saw her. Somehow, she would bring her up in the conversation. Never in a good or bad way, just a neutral way. Like "so is _____ still in the club ur in? Or so is ____ still this and that?" I guess she was just curious to know.

I talked to my bf about it and told hiim I felt uncomfortable that she brought up her name even if it was in a neutral way. That's when he told me she never liked her and that she didn't realize she was bringing up her name or something. I guess his mom (she talks a lot and likes gossip) just blurts out anything that comes to her head. She stopped bringing her up so that's good.

Oh and I'm not hating but his last gf is really really unattractively skanky. Just stating the obvious. I would post a pic and ask for an opinion but then I don't want to get hunted down cuz u know it's the internet... HAHAH! Thank you!!

That's all I wanted to say.
smiles.gif
Hehehehe.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
I hope she does come around
smiles.gif

That's messed up they're putting all the blame on you. It takes two to tango!

This may be a stupid question but how do you quote multiple posts? I never figured it out.
ssad.gif

cupcake_x

Oh god, I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel you!!!!

Just... Don't mention her at all, you know?

PS., You just did multi quote!
lol.gif
You click the multi button of all the posts you wanna quote.