In need of help

ClareBear86

Hay girls

im in need of some help
As some of u may have read i bought some mac eyeshadows off ebay last week, they got here and im pretty sure there fake

I messaged the girl and she swears there real ans says shes been to mac and they have confirmed it.

im a bit of a noob when it comes to eyeshadows as i mostly use pigments and i dont own any mac eyeshadows so dont have any to compare it with.

She has told me that if im not happy i can send them back but i just wanna know that im right and they are actually fake.

so i took some pics (there not great they were taken with my phone as cam not working)

ok so first pic.. box and sticker o bottom says its 1.5g i thought mac eyeshadows were 1.3g?

DSC00946.jpg

second pic, what happened to the box when i rubbed my nail over it
DSC00947.jpg

and third pic... this is the one that made me message her, the bottom of the pan says its fake to me and it more or less fell straight out when i opened it

DSC00943.jpg

what you guys think? am i right?

any other points would be great
smiles.gif

thanx in advance
smiles.gif

mitcha

For pictures I've been seing on Specktra.. it seems fake.
I got some shadows I'll look it carefully at home ..
Who was the seller?

ClareBear86

seller was macbarginbuys

she seems to have alot of genuine stuff but im not convinced these are

thanx for your reply

mitcha

I've never heard about this seller here on Specktra..
I don't know but her pictures seems little weird!
Are you from UK?

pratbc

I'm sorry to tell you, looks fake to me! The dead giveaway was the round indent on the back of the pan. Genuine MAC pans are smooth and do not have that "circle" on them.
I just checked the boxes of 2 MAC shadows I purchased from the MAC store yesterday- they are both .05 oz. I scratched the boxes up pretty well and could not see a single scratch mark. So, the flimsiness of the boxes also leads me to believe they are not authentic. HTH!

MACATTAK

Agreed with Pratbc. While authentic shadows can be 1.3g and 1.5g, these have all the marks of being fake.

mitcha

I've just bought an e/s Satin last Friday, from a Mac Store.

See my e/s label.
Hope it helps a little, but as the others girls said ... probably fake.
th_dunno.gif

mreichert

Sorry to disappoint, but it looks fake
ssad.gif
When I depot mine, they stick in there like no tomorrow! Plus the pans are supposed to be flat...

talste

yup looks the same as my fake "scene" I got from strawberrynet. The batch code is the same too "AB6".

A pic of mine can be seen HERE

Lizzie

The fact that it fell out is a dead give away, not to mention the dent in the pan which others have mentioned.

I hope you can get your money back &it's not too much of a hassle!

Xqueeze_me

Easily scratched box and indented ring on the back of the eyeshadow pan. Sorry but you already know.. It's fake. Scene is one of the recently updated fakes.

Sure, the seller said she brought it to the MAC store to verify but the most obvious sign of fake is when the eyeshadow is depotted and its got the indented ring. *ALERT BEEP*

If you check my signature, you can see a more specific comparison of fake and authentic MAC eyeshadows.

neezer

I already told you it's fake!!!!!!! ugh i wanna go beat up all of these SELLERS!! and i even contacted her and told her that she is selling fake stuff and she came back with some Michelle Tanner line "It's REAL and you will not accuse me of selling fake eyeshadows!!" *rolling eyes* next, she was reported to ebay too