In search of a drugstore fun pink

SerenityRaine

I'm searching for a good fun pink for my friend -- something cheap as she's just starting getting more into wearing more make up. Is it me or does it seem like drug store lines have gone more neutral or if there is a fun color its way too loud for newbs. It seems the mid-tone fun pinks have gone extinct! Wth happened!?! I remember when Maybelline & L'Oreal had shades comparative to MAC. Its near impossible to find good shades outside of MAC! I've scoured Ulta, Target & Walmart. Briefly looked @ Sephora, theres a sales girl who seems to be Miss Bitch that we try to avoid. Anyways, I'm looking something mid-tone, neutral maybe blue base. Too bad Palatial got dxed! My friend has olive skin & is on the pale side of the spectrum. Brown hair & brown eyes. TIA!

janieboo

Hmm. I just bought Faux by MAC, which s a nudie pink but I have gotten so many comments on it from people. "Fun" pink....when I was at MAC the other day, I sampled the Rose Romance pinks...very lovely, not too loud, kinda sheer, might be a good place to start. When I think pink by MAC, I think Impassioned (others would think GAT) but it might be too loud for a newbie.

For drug stores, LOVE Revlon's Pink Pout if a matte is ok. It's a good "daily" pink. Something a little brighter that I have heard great things about is Revlon's "Love That Pink."

User38

what kind of pink: light -- look on the Maybelline minerals, hot pink I like Milani and fuschia pinks are good too - if she is young, she might want to use the hot pinks or fuschias as a stain
smiles.gif
Plus they are quite inexpensive!

Modmom

I just picked up Revlon matte lipstick in Pink About It and its a really nice bright pink (I put a clear gloss over it because I prefer that to a matte look).

NYX has some nice pink e/s that are layerable for intensity...Cherry, Hot Pink, Flamingo, Cotton Candy, Spring Flower...they actually have lots of pinks.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Tashona Helena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Revlon Creme Gloss in Patent Leather Pink is worth a look. Gorgeous, IMHO.

I second this. Milani has awesome pink ones too. And Revlon has one called Paparazzi Pink or something? I have so much drugstore lipsticks I'll have to look through then for you.

tokidoki1825

Max Factor has awesome pigmented lipsticks, I can't remember the name of their pink but they have a fun and flattering and creamy one I love. Vivid Impact lipstick, check it out.

pnuttbuttajelli

Milani Lip Mixer in Lip Party is a really nice gloss!
it looks great against my deeper skintone, so i'm sure it would look divine against your friend's!
and it's only around $7!

hope that helps :)

SerenityRaine

Thanks everyone =) I'm going to write all these names down so I can go check them out. I took her to MAC tonight & she suprised me by liking a color that she said was too bright last time LOL! Up The Amp

LMD84

maybe get her to try one of the l'oreal glam shine lip glosses - there are quite a few pinks and they've very pigmented and have a nice sweetie smell to them.

falsefiction

Rimmel Lasting Finish in Pink Champagne! I love it! It's a great cheap dupe of MAC Snob and it really does stay on quite well. Perfect fun bubblegum pink!

tokidoki1825

Oh, I also really like CoverGirl Trushine in Raspberry Shine. It's sheer, but not too sheer, and glossy but it's a true, bright pink and it's super flattering.

Latest posts