In search of the best foundation brush.Which ones have you tried?

pdtb050606

I have tried many, and I love the MAC 109..it buffs the foundation in beautifully!
The 187 didn't work for me either

gildedangel

What kind of foundation do you use? I use Studio Sculpt (gel foundation) and the 187 works great for me for that. If you want something like the 190 try the 189, I like it better. The 109 works great for liquid foundation. For powder foundation or even a setting powder I recommend the 182 or a brush like it (I use a Posh Kabuki).

SuSana

I love the 187 for both liquid & powder...sorry it didn't work for you but I would be sad without mine.

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
I tried the 187 with oil free liquid foundation.I would put a bit of the foundation on the back of my hand dip the brush in lightly then apply to my face in a circlular motion.So i think i was applying it correctly,no? I didnt like it because it didnt seem to blend the foundation at all.Like it just swished it allover my face but it never blended.I just didnt like it. I know lots of you love it though.Im so jealous that it works so well for you! lol

I actually stipple all of my foundation. I find that if I swirl it around it doesn't blend for me either. I simply put the foundation on the back of my hand, and dab the 187 in it lightly. Then I literally pat it on my face and doing enough stippling will blend the foundation.
smiles.gif

Ode to Joy

I think it would be helpful to know what you are looking for? Do you want a versatile brush that can apply cream, liquid and powder foundation? Are you interested in a brush that gives you light coverage you can build up to your desired coverage or do you want full coverage with just a few quik strokes?

For example, the 109 gives you an amazing look and you can use it with any type of foundation, but it is small so you need more time to get your face done, but its smallness is also good for difficult areas. It doesn't give me instant full coverage like my EDM kabuki, I have to apply many layers with the 109 to get a similar effect.

natalie75

I have used the Chanel foundation brush for years. It is one of the few "non MAC" brushes I have. It's not cheap but if you take care of it, it will last for years. I have no streaking and no problems with blending or applying too much. I've used the 190 and the 187 but always go back to my Chanel brush.

chocolategoddes

i have a 109 dupe that i've started using. Def. invest in the real 109 if you can. I just stipple it on and then buff it in. Great w/ liquids and creams, but I've never tried it with powder.

BestRx

I don't know about other high-end brands but the "traditional foundation brush" that I love is a drugstore brand called UpStage: Designer Perfect. It has a brown, lacquered wood handle, a gold ferrule, and cream-colored bristles.

I do switch back and forth between this one and my MAC 187 depending on what kind of coverage I want. But what I love about it is that is way larger than the MAC 190, super soft on the face (but firm enough to do the job) and has never left me streaky.

The downside: I've only ever seen it at DuaneReade (a local NYC drugstore). I couldn't even find a pic online to share with you. I do think it may be made by the same parent company as Posh so perhaps there's a similarity between the brands.

I use the Dior foundation brush and I love it. It gives me a very even application with no streaking and I think that the result is very natural looking. I have had mine for about 6 months now and it is still soft and hasn't shed at all.

astronaut

I've tried several foundation brushes including the 187 and 188 and my favorite brush for liquid foundation is the Philosophy supernatural airbrush brush.