Inclusively exclusive?

Wattage

So the Patternmaker Collection - which says "Nordstroms Exclusive", isn't really a collection that is exclusive to Nordstroms... They have it in Canada, at my MAC counter, at the Bay...

Can someone explain to me how the "exclusivity" thing works with these collections?

Thanks
smiles.gif

darla

Nordstrom is the only US department store that carries the Patternmaker collection. They always carry an "exclusive" color story during their annual Anniversary sale.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla
Nordstrom is the only US department store that carries the Patternmaker collection. They always carry an "exclusive" color story during their annual Anniversary sale.

but that's weird because it's really not that exclusive as they claim... they even had last year exclusive in the netherlands!!

Wattage

Exactly, Sanne!! Apparently it's not so exclusive afterall. I am glad I didn't have someone CP for me!!

greengrin.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by siam84
Is anyone else extremely disappointed with Patternmaker?

I like the lippies but I don't think they could have made the packaging any tackier if they tried!!
greengrin.gif

ninabruja

Quote:

oh yeah.

i guess its considered exclusive to the us because it's only being sold through nordstrom's and not even on the mac site. they don't mean WORLDWIDE exlusive. i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume most of the posters are from the us, that's just why it seems that way.

Sanne

Quote:

mwah I kinda just want the brush sets... Last year I bought one eye palette, and I love it for like a month and then I got totally bored with it! the brush set's are great, def get them if you can!!

BlahWah

Quote:

I'm disappointed but my wallet isn't.
tong.gif
At first I loved the palettes, but then I realized all the colours that made me love them are the permanent collection, like Star Violet and Swimming. I don't have those two, but at least I don't have to rush and spend ~$100CDN for both palettes! I like the l/g's though - I got Coral Grade and Soft Edge, and will be going back for ...um... the dark wine one (sorry, don't remember the name)..

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I like the lippies but I don't think they could have made the packaging any tackier if they tried!!
greengrin.gif

awww.. i think it's so pretty
smiles.gif
it looks like stained glass which i like
smiles.gif

maxcat

Here's the deal: the stand alones get a whole mess of stuff we don't - it keeps the seperate MAC stores "special". But once a year in the summer we (the "retail partner" stores) get something just for us that the stand alones don't carry. Why it was "exclusive" to Nordies is probably b/c there are several retail partners in the US- Bloomies, Belks, etc - the bulk of the counters are Nordstrom though so that's why they're there. In Canada, the only retail partner is the Bay. Last year's Tailormade was the same thing. Does that help?

pugmommy7

well i don't love everything in the line, I do love the pro brush set and the warm eyes pallette and tan lips.
i also love love love the ired.powder in freeform and the lippie in coral grade!!!

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
So the Patternmaker Collection - which says "Nordstroms Exclusive", isn't really a collection that is exclusive to Nordstroms... They have it in Canada, at my MAC counter, at the Bay...

Can someone explain to me how the "exclusivity" thing works with these collections?

Thanks
smiles.gif

Nordstroms was the first department store to pick up MAC and the same goes for The Bay, thats why they get all the exclusives.

alurabella

I personally love the packaging. All I purchased was the warm eyes quad, since I didn't own the colors anyway. I hapen to love it!