Indie Make Up: Lime Crime

Meisje

I wanted to update this... I have been trying to get a great blue color for a while. I got Peacocky, but it's more of a gloss and it never does the "dry down" that other people experience. Too mushy, moves around. Earlier I was looking at Jangsara's swatches of NYX Jumbo Pencils on MakeupGeek and then the ones of the new shades on Temptalia:
http://www.temptalia.com/nyx-jumbo-eye-pencils-review-photos-swatches-pure-gold-electric-blue-purple-velvet-rocky-mountain-green

I have the Electric Blue and noticed that it swatches pretty much like Lime Crime's Oh No She Didn't. I happen to have that pencil... went in and smeared it on my lips and voila, perfect blue (no pun intended re: the anime):

FafiNati

The thing that appeals to me most is their packaging. After reading this. I think I'll leave well alone.

apocalypgloss

Honestly, their lipsticks are identical to cremesheens. So much so that I suspect that MAC is very quietly providing private label distributorship under another name.

arvika

I wanted a few of the lipsticks from their line before I heard about the drama (based solely on the packaging, of course). After reading about the owner trying to sue a bunch of people, I talked myself out of it by buying a few Heatherette lipsticks from a blog sale...each for less than the $16 the owner of LC was charging! :)

saintifying

i bought a lipstick and it was awful. dry, cakey, and not to mention it broke off the base the first time i used it. i emailed and they told me basically "sorry, nothing we can do". will not buy again :(

Richelle83

I keep thinking about getting one of their lipglosses but I always remember this thread and I leave the website!