Infamous/Hot'n'Sour Price?

MACPixie

I'm considering purchases these paints off of a girl on MUA and she asked me what I thought a fair price was. I don't want to offer too low and insult her or too high and get ripped off! Does anyone have any idea as to what would be fair? I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford them but I've been wanting them forever!

Thanks for your help ladies! Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!

purrtykitty

If these are new, I've seen them both go for in the $35-40 range, per paint. They're pretty rare. Used, obviously less than the above.

meToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACPixie
They're both used, I think she said about 75-80% remaining of each.

the prices quoted above sound about right so i'd say about 75-80% of $45 for infamous and about that percentage of $60 for Hot and Sour

LMD84

wow! those are some pricey paints!
smiles.gif
however hot and sour does look amazing!
smiles.gif

MACPixie

She wasn't interested in anything less than $100 for both. Too rich for my blood! I'm sure I'll find a deal eventually and if not, I think I might be able to keep on living! Thanks everyone for your help!

Junkie

Quote:
She wasn't interested in anything less than $100 for both. Too rich for my blood! I'm sure I'll find a deal eventually and if not, I think I might be able to keep on living! Thanks everyone for your help!

Ack! Yeah I figured as much....I always shoot a little lower to allow room for counter-offers or to see how much a person is actually looking at getting for them. Oh well. Not a huge surprise! Those paints are gorgeous though!

I have Infamous, and though I rarely use it, when I do - its gorgeous under purples and blues! Really bright - totally pops the colour!

n_c

Quote:

Ok that is way too much. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for both!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
Ok that is way too much. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for both!

Right! I get annoyed with MUA'ers thinking their items are worth the sun, moon, and stars. I mean it's the persons prerogative, but get real. For instance there is one swapper on there, still holding on to rare (not Pleasureflush rare, more like Metal Rock rare) MSF's because she has been asking for outrageous swaps (3 new quads from a collection for one MSF). It's been years and those items haven't moved off her swap list...

To the OP, I hope you find what you're looking for eventually. Have you tried the Livejournal communities?

angi

There's an infamous currently up on ebay - I know, not the most reliable place, but paints are more reliable than other products!

It's BNIB and would set you back about $42.

Hot and Sour looks a little harder to come by, but it looks very pretty from swatches, very much like the paint version of the original gold frost pigment!

MACPixie

I haven't tried livejournal communities yet, I've really only just started actively looking for it. Haha my logic is the longer ago it was DC'd the harder it will be to find so I need to get my butt in gear!

The $110 she wanted is about the price of buying FIVE PAINTS brand new, and I don't need it that bad! There are plenty of things I want and can get from a store, I'd be worried about doing a swap for that much anyways in case I got swaplifted.

Some people do think their items are worth far more than they actually are! Someone was looking to swap a Ripe Peach for an Alice in Wonderland Palette. Ripe Peach is worth half the price! And there are always dupes out there!!