Influenced by YouTube Beauty Gurus??? :)

glammy girl

So I'm one of those people who basically started watching YouTube videos to learn more about makeup and application and in the past year or so, I have learnt so much from some of the beauty gurus on YouTube and have become fond of them and can't wait for them to upload their next video. However, I tend to get sucked into purchasing makeup that they talk about, show swatches of and by the way those products look on them. Not saying I blindly buy whatever they have or show but they do influence me into getting more things at the Mac counter than I need (not a bad thing tho ;)) do any of you guys feel the same? :)

dyingforyou

oh yes, i can say i've bought a few things some "gurus" have mentioned in their videos, namely just some drugstore things, or at least wrote them down on my list of things to try. swatches and good reviews [from anyone] really are what get to me to have interest in the product, then i at least try to try them out in store before buying to see if it actually works for me :]

glammy girl

oh yes, i can say i've bought a few things some "gurus" have mentioned in their videos, namely just some drugstore things, or at least wrote them down on my list of things to try. swatches and good reviews [from anyone] really are what get to me to have interest in the product, then i at least try to try them out in store before buying to see if it actually works for me :]
Glad I'm not alone on this :)

xStarryEyedX

Of course- definitely a fan. I tend to have similar taste to MakeupByTiffanyD& SayAnythingBrooke. The one thing I will say though- and I don't want anyone taking offense to this- is that they have great advice sometimes, but sometimes you should run things by a makeup artist before buying things just because you saw them on youtube. Might sound like common sense, but when I worked at MAC people would buy certain foundations/concealers/well really, products in general because their favorite guru used it and they were SO not right for their skin! I'm sure you already know that, but I just feel like it's a public service announcement that needs to be made lol.

glammy girl

Lol I totally get what you're saying but buying products that are a bit pricey, I would never take a chance without testing it out first :)

geeko

I do agree, what works for one may not necessarily work for the others. esp for lipstick colors and blush colors, so ladies pls go to the counter to try out before buying and not blindly buying it just because the guru say it's good. coz skintone color may be different and it may affect how the product turns out on ya

JaneHorror

Oh yes. Some gurus introduced me to tons of other makeup brands, but I usually check other people's reviews, and see if its worth buying it.

DILLIGAF

Like others have mentioned don't take a YT guru's suggestion as gospel. When researching products YouTube reviews regularly factor in to the decision process. I have to admit that Specktra has a better influence on me than YouTube.

Latest posts