Ingrown hairs

beautifulxdisaster

what do you do when you get this on your legs? AH!! I feel like picking at all of them. I get it from shaving upwards and only around my knee. It bugs because my I don't wear skirts any more much because of my ugly knees!! Is there anything that will help it go away? A scrub or any thing?

Krystle

I get them after bikini waxes..and this is what my esthetician told me:

- exfoliate before you shave/wax
- aloe vera after you shave helps prevent
- tend skin is really good at preventing them...kind of expensive though

I tweeze them when I see them....I hate em too
ssad.gif

niecypiecy

I use exfoliating gloves before I shave and they seem to help alot - if I do get any after shaving I use the gloves again and it takes care of them

talk2mesun

i get them horribly especially in the bikini line, and i read in a livejournal community to try taking a benedryl (an antihistimine) just before/after you shave since ingrown hairs/razor bumps are just a histimine reaction in your body. i tried it and it improves it about 80%, and if the skin is raw I throw on the vaseline/petroleum jelly but if the skin around it is fine and its just stubborn then i put differin gel on it. my dermatologist recommended that but he also gave me the script for it so youd have to go about acquiring one of those, lol

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathfairy
Use a product that contains salicylic acid on them

I really does work. Use a body scub with the same ingredient if you can too.

jess

just put some tea tree oil on a cotton ball and dab over your knees - after a few days of doing this they should have all "appeared".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess
just put some tea tree oil on a cotton ball and dab over your knees - after a few days of doing this they should have all "appeared".

Thats what i use and it really does work

drea2447

I agree with dissolving some aspirin in water, then put it in a spray bottle and spritz it on. Good luck.

Andrea

sewpunk

I love tend skin. I get many ingrowns on the bikini line and it helps a lot at getting rid and preventing them as well.

Try to use a new razor as often as possible as well as all the other solutions people have posted. Salicylic toner (like Nutrogena Clear Pore) may be better then a scrub cause you don't want to irriate the bumps you have.

Latest posts