Input please!! A new technique- figuring it out...

mreichert

Could you all give me CC on this technique- I did 2 looks today as I wasn't happy with the first one
ssad.gif
It's a pain in the butt working with blacks/greys!

Let me know if these looks are too harsh? I'm trying to get the blending part of it down, so ANY cc welcome! Thanks everyone
smiles.gif
Have a great Friday!!

Face:
-the usual

Eyes:
-Pearl Cream base
-Gesso
-Print
-Black Tied
-Girlie
-Post Haste
-Naked Lunch
-UD 24/7 in Zero
-Clinique High Def mascara

Lips:
-clear l/g

2424158246_89685396ed.jpg

2nd try with different colors....

Eyes:
-Pearl Cream base
-Gesso
-Creme De Violet
-Parfait Amour
-Fertile
-Black Tied
-Vanilla p/g
-UD 24/7 in Zero
-Clinique mascara

Lips:
-Fleshpot l/s
-Starlet Kiss l/g

2423387709_c248a526b0_m.jpg

2424200090_61c8f25234.jpg

2424200238_477f818238.jpg

2423386981_93851e450b.jpg

2423386687_bbf5512dda.jpg

Khalia25

These look great. As a matter of fact, your work is always fabulous. I think I pale in comparison to your skill, so I don't know how useful my constructive criticism will be. When I use blacks, I usually use Silver Fog pigment or some kind of gray or silver to blend and "taper" out the black. I think you were a little concerned about it being too harsh. I think your looks were just fine, but that's my technique for toning down black. Nevertheless, you are definitely doin your thang!!
winks.gif

mreichert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalia25
These look great. As a matter of fact, your work is always fabulous. I think I pale in comparison to your skill, so I don't know how useful my constructive criticism will be. When I use blacks, I usually use Silver Fog pigment or some kind of gray or silver to blend and "taper" out the black. I think you were a little concerned about it being too harsh. I think your looks were just fine, but that's my technique for toning down black. Nevertheless, you are definitely doin your thang!!
winks.gif

Thank you so much- I will try that!
smiles.gif

ShesAFoxyLady

I like the second one, it's lovely & I think it works fine - not too harsh at all - and I much prefer the blending in that one, compared to the first
smiles.gif

mimibrowneyes

love the second one, and think u did a fab job! it is hard tho using blackish shade and a light one like in the first and then blendin! i've been tryin to do sumink with beauty marked an crystal avalanche the same way.

reesesilverstar

Hi hi,

I like the 2nd look alot.

Mmmm, whenever I use black i try to use a teensy bit of it then blend it out. Then build till I'm happy.

But both are nice