Insect bites

inlucesco

I wasn't sure where to put this, but maybe the mods can move it if it's too inappropriate.
smiles.gif

Anyway, I woke up this morning with an itchy bug bite on my jaw, which prompted me to attack my mattress and surrounding areas with bug spray/go on a cleaning spree.

My question is, other than hydrocortisone cream to fix the itching, what do you suggest to get rid of the bites once you have them? Has anyone tried the benadryl cream with topical antihistamines in it?

mspixieears

Ooh, other than washing it, the first thing I'd actually put on it is tea tree oil. Mind you, our family isn't so big on those creams unless the itching is a long-term problem. My brother has pretty odd skin and he uses those sorts of things for his face nearly everyday.

Was it very bad, or swollen?

inlucesco

I will have to try the tea tree oil! This bite isn't hugely swollen (I've had worse, I guess), but it's painfully itchy. Thanks for the tip.
smiles.gif

Arella

Neosporin usually works on just about everything, and it's a better alternative to hydracortisone, which tends to thin your skin in the long run.

ShirleyK

Don't scratch it or it'll leave a scar... I use Tea Tree Oil for insects bite... it works on me...

Latest posts