Instagram Purchase

lipstickpd23

I bought my first makeup purchase off of an Instagram seller about a month ago and she shipped it within two days. I was given a tracking code that worked for about 4 days and then never updated again. It's been stuck at the same location since. I paid a pretty penny for my LE lipsticks and they haven't arrived. I saved up to buy those and feel ripped off. I messaged her about this and she kept asking me to wait and that she wasn't getting any help from USPS etc. She said she's willing to refund me half of what I paid not including shipping. Is that normal? That's a lot of money I'm losing out on but I don't know how this works. Any advice?

shellygrrl

Staff member
(I think you put it in the right place this time. I can't think of a more suitable section to move it to.) A month is way too long. I'm in the US; I've sent stuff to Canada multiple times and the longest it's taken to arrive at its destination is a couple of weeks or so. Conversely, it takes about that long for any Canadian orders I've made to reach me. (That said, none of it has involved makeup purchases. And I think all of the stuff I received was sent via airmail, which is generally faster.) It's possible it got lost at customs. I also wonder why she never thought to contact Canada Post; they'd likely have handled it once it crossed the border. IMO, if you never receive it you should be refunded the purchase price in full.

lipstickpd23

Thank you very much for your response. I'm definitely going to try to work something out with her and if it doesn't work, I'm going to ask for my refund! Horrible experience!

Latest posts