Insured M*A*C

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Something to "ponder". I know alot of us have spent quite a bit of $$ on our MAC Collections ( and other m/u as well ) is your collection insured? Whether or not you have homeowners or renters insurance, you can get in insured! I have mine insured with State Farm... at first the lady laughed and asked are you serious and my husband said to her yes I am. She asked her boss and he told her "as long as it had a dollar value he would insure it as a collection" So some of those beauties that they don't make anymore not to mention the ones that are still around... that's alot of money to replace if something happened to it. Might as well take care of it. Think of it as an investment. If you add it up .. all the brushes, shadows, lipsticks, lipglosses.. and everything else... well you get my point.

lara

My working make-up is covered by business insurance. The rep who issued my policy gasped when I told her the total receipt price of my kit.
lol.gif

As long as you indicate that personal cosmetics are to be covered by your home & contents, they're insurable.
smiles.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Just a smart thing to do!
smiles.gif
Well when we told the lady she asked - do you really have that much in makeup... and I said yes I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
My make-up is covered by business insurance. The rep who issued my policy gasped when I told her the total receipt price of my kit.
lol.gif

As long as you indicate that personal cosmetics are to be covered by your home & contents, they're insurable.
smiles.gif

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
My working make-up is covered by business insurance.

same here
smiles.gif

once some guy came storming into a dressingroom i was working in and totaly wrekked 3 of my Make-up studio e/s palettes
th_remoteImage-61.gif
... i was so angry *if eyes could kill! he would have been dead instantly!*
lol.gif

ledonatella

I actually had a fire at my old house years back and I got my makeup replaced through my homeowner's. It was before I was collecting MAC and all but it was still a hefty sum.

Summer

I have thought of it but I am more concerned with jewelry I would like to have covered.

m4dswine

Hmmm yes something to ponder!!

Mine is covered under my house insurance, but I probably should make a list of everything (I have one for my CDs and my DVDs and my jewellery) so if anything ever happened to it I would have able to recall what i had.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
Hmmm yes something to ponder!!

Mine is covered under my house insurance, but I probably should make a list of everything (I have one for my CDs and my DVDs and my jewellery) so if anything ever happened to it I would have able to recall what i had.

definitely make a list.. but don't keep the only copy of the list in your house.

if you have a webmail-based email account (like hotmail), email it to your self and keep a copy on there. accessible from any computer in case you need it.

YvetteJeannine

Homeowners would cover it...no??

They're supposed to cover anything of 'value' in the house...I don't think they'd balk on covering m/u if something happened...would they?

cinnamongurlee

my makeup collection is bigger than my wardrobe LOL

as long as your personal items are stated in your policy, it shouldn't be an issue.

at the end of the day, insurance is relatively inexpensive (comapred to car insurance), and i am glad to pay for that extra bit o' security...knowing that i can go and replace all of my precious items if they were destroyed in an accident!

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
definitely make a list.. but don't keep the only copy of the list in your house.

if you have a webmail-based email account (like hotmail), email it to your self and keep a copy on there. accessible from any computer in case you need it.

I do indeed.. we have one & don't laugh in our safe - (fire safe) and I have a backup on Powerpoint disk.. if something happens.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
Homeowners would cover it...no??

They're supposed to cover anything of 'value' in the house...I don't think they'd balk on covering m/u if something happened...would they?

No, they will cover it - its considered a "collection" i.e baseball cards, matchbox cars, ect... when we asked our State Farm Agent if they would cover it she at first giggled then she asked her boss and he said yes because it was considered a collection. She couldn't believe that I had that much in m/u. We have other things that are insured.. not just my m/u....lol

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_la_MAC_Girl
I do indeed.. we have one & don't laugh in our safe - (fire safe) and I have a backup on Powerpoint disk.. if something happens.

i won't laugh as it's very sensible!
smiles.gif
anything that's insured should be catalogued with the list stored in a safe place. otherwise it's a nightmare trying to work out the value is, or trying to remember what you owned and how many to claim it on the insurance if anythng happened. of course, ideally you would never need to make a claim.

meihwa

This is all very interesting. I thought I was nuts and tried to insure my makeup, along with my music collection. State Farm and AAA said the music was insurable and the makeup could be insurable, but only to a certain dollar amount depending on what policy I chose, and that would have to include everything in my house. Does that sound right? Needless to say, I stopped pursuing it and am still wondering on how to get coverage.

bellaetoile

interesting topic. i should honestly look into this, to some extent. i do have a LOT invested in my makeup, and beyond that, on the topic of material items, also handbags, denim, jewelry, electronics, etc. i wonder how much falls under my policy. obviously, neccessities would be covered, but it's the smaller (but very pricey) items that are probably neglected by my insurance policy.

although to be honest, in the event of a tragedy severe enough that would require making an insurance claim, i would probably have far more pressing issues to think about, and far more neccessary items to replace.

Meliss1026

Not to be the downer on this topic, but as much as I would LOVE to insure my make-up, it really isnt worth it. Your insurance company will "decide what each item is worth" basically. You will never get full value for the make up items because they would take into consideration that you used it.

Last month someone broke into my car (in my own driveway), and stole everything. (I had come back from a party and left my stuff in the car because in 4 hours I was going to work anyway, so I just covered my purse and stuff and went inside). They stole an Ipod that I had paid $400 for, a coach bag that was $400, my $300 digital camera, a mac lipstick, $60 in cash plus my wallet, everything....I recieved a check from my insurance company for a little less than $350.

My point being- they will determine the value, regardless of what you paid..They told me the coach bags value was probably now at $225, the ipod was only "worth" $200, etc etc.

So obviously, you will never recollect the "real value" of your m/u collection

cinnamongurlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliss1026
My point being- they will determine the value, regardless of what you paid..They told me the coach bags value was probably now at $225, the ipod was only "worth" $200, etc etc.

So obviously, you will never recollect the "real value" of your m/u collection

i am so sorry! when i my car got broken into, i had the receipts and submitted them...then i got reimbursed for the repurchases too at full value. (ipod, digi cam and piles of CDs). i wonder if it matters what insurance company you go with

Latest posts