Interested In Hakuhodo, Sigma and Real Techniques Brushes

Hersheykisseslv

Hi, I am a beginner in makeup and I do not own any brushes beyond E.L.F. brushes. I was interested in a few MAC brushes, but I noticed that their prices have risen and so I decided that I would like to try higher quality brushes that would be worth the prices that MAC is now charging. One of the brushes, I was interested in was the 168 which goes for $35, Hakuhodo has the J4003 which goes for $40. Even though Hakuhodo's is a bit more I have heard they are of higher quality and that they even make MAC brushes. Sigma also cares a similar brush, the F84 which goes for $16. Another brush I was interested in was the 130 brush, which the price has risen a lot for ( I think I a friend of mine got it for $32 when it initially launched) it is now $42. I do not feel it is worth the money especially since it is so small and have been thinking of getting the F80 or F82 by Sigma. The thing is I do not plan to buy a whole bunch of brushes I just want to buy some that will be high quality and will last long (of course I know must of that comes with care and treatment of the brushes). I am going to list some of the brushes I am interested in and hopefully if you own them or know what there use would be based on the materials, it is made of or shape, feel free to comment on the ones you think I should look into. I also wanted to mention that I wanted to get white haired brushes simply because I want to see how much product I am applying. Thank you for your help and if you have any recommendations please mention them as well. P.S. I am not interested in eyeshadow brushes because I do not wear any.

For Blush:
Real Techniques Blush Brush, Stippling Brush
Sigma F84 ( I intend to only use this with cream products)

For Liquid Foundation
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Sigma F80 or F82

shellygrrl

Staff member
I wholeheartedly recommend the F80 for foundation. I have the RT Expert Face Brush as well but haven't used it for foundation. Personally I got it to use for contouring.