Interracial relationships

suzy.q

I'm of Indian descent, I don't live in India and I've never dated an Indian... so, basically, every single one of my relationships (including the current one) have been/are interracial. And when I realized all this one bright little day, I discovered that I had never noticed the "interracial" part within my relationships.

I find it bizarre that people still make these distinctions nowadays... We've left the 15th century quite some time ago.

PS: A hot guy (or girl, for those who prefer) is a hot guy anywhere in the world, and it doesn't matter wtf colour is his skin. =)

snkatha

While it's true that it's 2009 and race shouldn't matter, unfortunately it's not that easy for some of us. I live in kenya where an interracial relationship is looked down on. I can't tell you how many times i've been told i'm a gold digger because i'm dating a white man. While sometimes this may be true for some people i find that stereotype affects my relationship. We cannot go to some places because of the negative reactions. I am lucky that the important people in my life fully support my relationship and i really don't care anymore what people think. However we need to be honest while color doesn't matter to me, ultimately one can't keep walking with their head in the sand ignoring what happens in reality. I remember one day this american couple stared at us for so long with such hatred that it shook me and still does today.