Interview for Estee Lauder with Macys

NikkiHorror

Yayyyy!! I am so ready to have a job again, lol! Can anyone tell me what to expect for my interview with the counter manager tomorrow? Will I be doing a pull and demo or just verbal? I heard EL companies also make you do a phone interview too? Anyone know anything about this? Also, what's the Macy*s rate of pay for an experienced beauty advisor? I usually do pretty feirce makeup, so what colors should I wear instead?

Any other information would help calm my nerves tremendously!

amoona

I know Macy's pays my friend ... who is NOT an experienced MUA ... $13/hr. But she works for Lancome, plus I think the pay rate maybe more in Southern California then here in Northern California just because MU is a part of the "industry". I know for her interview she had to pull a customer and ask to do a make-over. She honestly isn't very skilled in the art of make-overs ... she tends to make people look like stree-wakers so idk how that worked out with Lancome.

The girls at our Estee Lauder counter don't wear much make-up actually ... or at least they don't look like they do. The counter manager always has the same exact look ... she has pink cheeks, black eyeliner and red lips. BUT she has CRAZY skills ... she did my make-up once for a fashion show Macy's had when I worked there and she's great. So best advice is to keep it clean and simple maybe stick to neutrals.

Bernadette

I did have to do a phone interview with Clinique's district manager back in the day. It was the last step of the process and it seemed like more of a thing to make sure they hadn't picked someone really sucky heh
smiles.gif

Maybe you should look at EL's website and copy a look for your makeup and review osme other looks for a possible demo.
Best of luck
cheerleader.gif
!

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
The girls at our Estee Lauder counter don't wear much make-up actually ... or at least they don't look like they do. The counter manager always has the same exact look ... she has pink cheeks, black eyeliner and red lips.

That's EXACTLY how I always do my makeup! But I'd better do neutrals just in case, right? Boring, lol. Thanks for all of the information, I really appreciate it! I'm doing my Lauder research right now, lol. As far as the pull, do you think she would want me to pull her like I'm trying to show her something, or pull a lady just for a complimentary makeover so she can see my skills?

amoona

Well for the pull this is how my friend said it went ... basically they told her "ok go find a customer walking by and bring in to the counter and give her a make-over" so that wasn't much direction so she just saw a lady walking by and she went up to her and she said that she invited the lady to come to the counter because she was interested in showing her some products. She said she would do a make-over on the lady as a part of her interview and it only took two women before someone agreed. She let them know that it was an interview so that's probably why it was easier for her to get someone, but idk if they'll say you can tell them or not.

She got the lady to the counter and basically did a simple make-over for her. She matched foundation, picked on some neutral everyday eyeshadows, masacara, blush, and lipstick. She didn't say if they ever told her details (like in the MAC demo when they give you a scenerio) but if she could get hired you'll have no problem haha. Let us know how it goes.