Interview tomorrow! PICTURES PLEASE HELP!

urpalkev

Hi Ladies,

I've been reading posts for months now and they are so encouraging! This is my first post so please bare with me!
smiles.gif

I have been working as a freelance MA for a while now and actually got hired where I used to live as a freelance Mac Artist but when I moved, I decided to try and get a job with mac as a full time employee if they let me.

The first time I interviewed with Mac I have to say I was a bit naive about the whole process. This time I plan on really doing things right and making a great impression (this is where you come into play). Tomorrow I have an interview with Nordy's and a meeting with a Mac store later on in the day. I am confident in my speaking skill and have a resume all ready for their pretty little hands. The only thing that I am a bit nervous about is my outfit!

Let me know what you think?!?!

urpalkev

Thanks Smitty! Are there any things you would change? Do I look silly with the skirt?

Does it look like I'm trying too hard or not enough? EEK I am a dork and a total wreck!

RoxyJ

Love the look, but I wonder if it's a bit too much? Maybe something simpler would highlight your face so that the interviewers are more focused on your face? Maybe mimic what MAC MAs wear, flattering black pants and a stylish black blouse. I've never interviewed for a MAC position, so maybe they are looking for more originality, in which case I'm talking out of my rear
winks.gif

darkbeauty27

I would possibly wear that for the MAC store interview but to the Nordstrom interview wear something a bit more professional, like nice black pants and a black top or even a cute black suit. Nordstrom's dress code policy is a bit more strict than MAC's.

M.A.C. head.

The outfit is super cute, minus the leggings, I think they're too much.

BUT I would say to dress more professionally for the interview. Maybe a nice top and some black slacks.

That's just my opinion and it's probably biased because of my own style, but do what you think makes the most sense.

Sass E

My suggestion would be to wear a nice pair of black slacks instead of the skirt/leggings. Good Luck!

Lizzie

My advice would be to wear something that you feel comfortable in and makes you look super hot and put together.

I think what you're wearing is ok, but it's got a lot going on. All of the MAC MAs that I've seen wear clothes that are very simple, but stylish. If you're going to wear that, I would say to take off the leggings. I agree with everyone who says that a nicely tailored pair of black pants and a black top would be better, but like I said, you should wear what makes you comfortable.

BTW, those shoes are really cute!
greengrin.gif

Hope that helps.

urpalkev

Hey Ladies! I just thought I would come on and tell ya'll thanks for your help..

I went to a mall that has a Nordstrom and a Mac store. I went to my Nordstrom interview and that was all fine and dandy. I wasn't nervous or scared at all. The funny thing is, when I was done there I told myself I was going to head down to the Mac store to just turn in an application.

Now just to give you a little insight into what I was thinking, I really was feeling insecure about going. I think because I love doing makeup and it is my absolute passion I feel vulnerable about it and kinda clam up and the Mac store seems more intimidating. Do you guys feel the same way???

Well on my way there I almost ran out to my car I was getting so nervous. I sat down for a minute and just took a breath and touched up my powder and my lips before getting there. (Probably trying to talk myself out of going really)

I walked into the store and just about 2 steps in, one of the girls said are you here to see Homa? Now, I have heard of Homa. I did my research and read as much as I could about this particular region and so I knew what was coming but felt like I really didn't prepare! EEK! Well I replied, No but I can be. I was just stopping in to drop off an application and would love to speak with her if she has a minute.

They said she was with someone else and that I should just take a seat. I got the chance to chat a little with the employees who were super sweet and to introduce myself with the Manage Jo. She was so nice and said I was pretty. (My own husband hasn't said that in a while so it was really nice to hear
smiles.gif

I guess there was another girl who was also waiting to meet with Homa and I must admit. I did size her up. But I swear I didn't think any mean thoughts. She mentioned that her interview was scheduled for 1pm and she got lost (it was now 2:45). I would have died if that happened to me. I felt so bad for her.

A little while later, Homa came in and I introduced myself to her. She was very nice. To be honest with you I think she kinda gets a bad wrap on here. She had the most beautiful eyes and her lips were the perfect shade of pink but I didn't dare ask what lip stick she had on..
smiles.gif

She asked me what my favorite Mac product was. I told her today (it is constantly changing) that my favorite product would have to be the 224 brush because it is so great with blending. I demonstrated the little circles you can make into your crease or use a winshield wiper motion to acheive your desired look. She stopped me and said, "Alright, you sold it to me."

THAT FELT AWESOME!!!!!

We talked some more and she asked me a bunch of questions that all sounded similar to the other posts about questions from interviews.

Afterwards, she told me that she would like to have me back for a second interview and makeup demo! YAY! (And I am already nervous BUT EXCITED TOO).

THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH! You are WONDERFUL! All the knowledge and support you provide is so incredibly helpful! I can't even tell you how excited I am!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urpalkev

Oh I forgot to tell you!

I wore pants... I listened! IT PAID OFF THANKS!

I have to say that my makeup looked hot too.. woot woot

urpalkev

Hey everyone!

I had my demo yesterday. When i left I was really mixed up on how I felt about the overall view I gave them of me. My sit down interview went great I thought but the makeup demo could have gone better. I was thinking I blew it because of the makeup.

I got a call from Homa this morning!

I GOT THE JOB!

I HAVE BEEN SO EXCITED ALL DAY!

urpalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
Congrats! Did you get hired for freelance/oncall or permanent??

It's permanent! Yay I was/am so excited and cant wait to start!