Interview with BB. What do I wear?!

mbee

I was just sent a group interview invite for a Beauty Advisor for a Bobbi Brown counter at Macy's. WHAT DO I WEAR?! I've only ever interviewed in a corporate setting in the marketing industry. I'm used to wearing suits and stuff. Should I be more stylish or professional for this type of interview? I don't want to overdress and I sure don't want to underdress. Any ideas?

Has anyone else ever interviewed for BB at Macy's?? Please help!!! :confused:

amoona

I've never interviewed with BB but I'd say you should wear something professional yet stylish and still trendy. Remember Bobbie Brown is a lot more conservative then a line like MAC so you don't want to be too "trendy". I'd say you should still wear all black because I believe the BB counter does do the all black dress code too (as do most make-up lines).

Oh and remember, it's always better to over dress then under dress. Trust me I'm always over dressed lol.

VeronikaJ

I'd say definitely wear all black, but conservatively. No cleavage or short dresses/skirts. Have makeup simple and polished and hair neatly styled. I used to work across from a BB counter and that was their overall look. Good Luck!
wavey.gif

prinzessin784

at Macy's the dress code is all black, so I would suggest doing that. Plus - it's easier, nothing to think about in the morning haha
winks.gif
Good luck at your interview!!

whisper2scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbee
I was just sent a group interview invite for a Beauty Advisor for a Bobbi Brown counter at Macy's. WHAT DO I WEAR?! I've only ever interviewed in a corporate setting in the marketing industry. I'm used to wearing suits and stuff. Should I be more stylish or professional for this type of interview? I don't want to overdress and I sure don't want to underdress. Any ideas?

Has anyone else ever interviewed for BB at Macy's?? Please help!!! :confused:

I can only go by the Bobbi Brown counter in the store I worked at seasonally. Stay very conservative. Nothing low cut, no skirts more than an inch above the knee. I'd probably stick to a pantsuit, personally. The BB counter that I'm familiar with is extremely professional (and they dress really professionally every day).

mbee

Here is my update...

I went to the interview, which ended up being a one-on-one with no group. I interviewed with what I think was a general HR person. She offered me a job in any department I want, but cosmetics is separate. The cosmetics manager wasn't available, so if I want a job in cosmetics, I would have to wait for her to call me and make another appointment.

I left a bit disappointed, but atleast I will have a good recommendation from the woman that I did interview with. Hopefully, the cosmetics manager will call me soon!!

Thanks for all the advice on what to wear. I stuck with a black suit with a patterned shirt underneath and I went with the new purple-ish look from the Bobbi Brown spring collection. Thanks girls!
lol.gif

mbee

Update on my update:

I got a call for a second interview!! I'm very excited. I am meeting the cosmetics manager tonight at Starbucks. It seems like it may be a more relaxed interview than the typical Macy's interview.. we'll see! Wish me luck!!

prinzessin784

Quote:
Update on my update:

I got a call for a second interview!! I'm very excited. I am meeting the cosmetics manager tonight at Starbucks. It seems like it may be a more relaxed interview than the typical Macy's interview.. we'll see! Wish me luck!!

that's exciting! Good luck with that! keep us updated
winks.gif

mbee

Working for Prescriptives or Estee Lauder??

I just got back from my interview, and I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed. I was offered to interview with any counter that was available, but none of the counters that I have a preference for are available
ssad.gif

The counters that are available are Lancome, Estee, Origins, and Prescriptives. I told her I had a preference for MAC, Bobbi Brown (which the interviewed was scheduled for), Benefit, Dior, or Chanel because those are the lines that I use most often and really do like, but there aren't any positions with any of them.

The manager thinks I would "fit" with Estee Lauder, but I've never used Estee and I'm a little unsure about it. I told her that out of the available counters, I would like to interview with Prescriptives because its the line I am the most familiar with (I used Prescriptives foundation.) So, I should have a Prescriptives interview soon, but what do you guys think of the other available counters?

Lancome, Estee, Origins, or Prescriptives? :confused:

mbee

Re: Working for Prescriptives or Estee Lauder??

Quote:
I just got back from my interview, and I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed. I was offered to interview with any counter that was available, but none of the counters that I have a preference for are available
ssad.gif

The counters that are available are Lancome, Estee, Origins, and Prescriptives. I told her I had a preference for MAC, Bobbi Brown (which the interviewed was scheduled for), Benefit, Dior, or Chanel because those are the lines that I use most often and really do like, but there aren't any positions with any of them.

The manager thinks I would "fit" with Estee Lauder, but I've never used Estee and I'm a little unsure about it. I told her that out of the available counters, I would like to interview with Prescriptives because its the line I am the most familiar with (I used Prescriptives foundation.) So, I should have a Prescriptives interview soon, but what do you guys think of the other available counters?

Lancome, Estee, Origins, or Prescriptives? :confused:

AHHH! UPDATE! The cosmetics manager just called me and there is an opening at BENEFIT! I'M SOOO EXCITED!

But I really would still appreciate any opinions about the other lines as well.

Latest posts