invisible set powder

anuy

okay okay, i know it's supposed to be invisible. but when i brush the white powder over my face, there is a white cast over my face like i put foundation thats way too light for me on my face! am i doing something wrong or is it like this for everyone?

ps, i use a 187 for it.

aziajs

I'd like to hear more people's impressions of the invisible set powder as well at the other set powders such as Porcelain, Peach, Deep Peach, etc. I looked through some other threads but most of those posts are at least a year old. So anyway, have you used it and what do you think?

bebs

your using to much if thats what is happening I use it all the time and never have this white cast, as well as buffing it out you need to take very little product, its also not meant for all over just like a small area.

I use it over my eyes when I use loose pigments or the power kohls to line to keep them from getting everywhere and it works very well less I put to much on it.

all over the face.. your going to want something that can blend better with your skin tone I dont see why you would need it all over however most make up will set fine by its self its only some products that smug that will have problems.

lara

You're using too much and/or you're using the wrong brush. A 187 isn't designed for loose powders, it'll place the product unevenly because the bristles aren't really placed to move that sort of product.

Try using a fluffy but dense powder brush and tap off all excess before applying in smooth downward strokes.

ETA: Probably an obvious point, but once you get darker than about NC/W30 the original invisible translucent powder is going to leave an ashy cast no matter what you do. For darker skintones who want a translucent setting powder, I can't recommend the Scott Barnes or Becca loose powders enough - the tinting is just enough to take off the ashy cast without depositing actual colour.

ledonatella

I use Peach set powder mixed with my loose blot powder. I'm NW20/25 and I find that it gives a light pretty glow without looking tanned like a bronzer would. Kinda just fresh and awake I would say.

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
You're using too much and/or you're using the wrong brush. A 187 isn't designed for loose powders, it'll place the product unevenly because the bristles aren't really placed to move that sort of product.

Try using a fluffy but dense powder brush and tap off all excess before applying in smooth downward strokes.

ETA: Probably an obvious point, but once you get darker than about NC/W30 the original invisible translucent powder is going to leave an ashy cast no matter what you do. For darker skintones who want a translucent setting powder, I can't recommend the Scott Barnes or Becca loose powders enough - the tinting is just enough to take off the ashy cast without depositing actual colour.

what she said. i use it on almost every skin colour to set makeup and it's really versatile,if used lightly with fluffy brush- love love the result. i think sometimes it's even better than Blot P
smiles.gif

n.fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy
okay okay, i know it's supposed to be invisible. but when i brush the white powder over my face, there is a white cast over my face like i put foundation thats way too light for me on my face! am i doing something wrong or is it like this for everyone?

ps, i use a 187 for it.

I use the 129 and it works wonders