'Ioffer you not to go on Ebay'.. the fake MAC is spreading!

sarahsharkbait

So we all know ebay is the main site for people to produce mainly fake Mac, although I came across this site when my friend sent me this site as a suggestion.
My god, *face-to-palm*....most of these images for the 'mac goods' have been re-used by different sellers, not only that they're using the wrong sized jars.
And I decided to do some research into this and I questioned some of these sellers (you can submit one question to each seller, without being registered)..and I asked all of them 'what would colours would I get, if I was to order from you?' and the responses I got was sooooo shady.
'You pay me and we send out the shadows when the transaction clears' (doesn't answer my question)
'We send out random shades'
'Unfortunately we can't tell you the exact shades that you'll be recieving as we tend to run out of particular shades quite often, so we have to send out a fair variety to avoid disappointment'.

Here is the site, check it out for yourself and give me your views on this
http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/mac cosmetics

DILLIGAF

From what I've noticed Ioffer is the go to place for most shady items. Makeup.... shoes... handbags.. you want a fake they got it.

peachsuns

OMG, that's a scary site! I wish I could ban those fake products.
th_banned.gif
<---- Like that. LOL

thepicketywitch

This is just sick-those poor people who leave good feedback, saying they're happy with the item have no idea they've been ripped off. Counterfeits are terrible for a lot of reasons, but counterfeit cosmetics are just dangerous...you have no idea what the product actually is. You couldn't pay me to put that stuff on my face...

sarahsharkbait

Exactly, Ages ago I was watching a programme on BBC about counterfeit goods and they had things like designer perfumes and they tested in and in the perfume that they tested was URINE!
Totally agree, for all we know they could be getting salt or something in there :/

Nicala

Exactly, Ages ago I was watching a programme on BBC about counterfeit goods and they had things like designer perfumes and they tested in and in the perfume that they tested was URINE!
Totally agree, for all we know they could be getting salt or something in there :/

Eeeeeeeew D: there needs to be restrictions over counterfeits. Especially online since its so easy to track..

Busttamuv3

Thats enough to implement a national policy reform on banning these sites and taking legal action on these sellers
thud.gif

sarahsharkbait

Exactly! I think the UK are getting strict on having goods coming over these days and usually go from market stool to market stool these days.
But I dont think things are strict enough :/

Nicala

Tbh, even if they did have stricter rules/regulations, some would still be able to get with it because its impossible to track every single thing down

BellaItalia1969

Sarah :),www.Ioffer,to me is a counterfeiters paradise!Personally i think it is immoral to buy something fake for £10 and resell it on ebay ,for £60 or more!The sellers who buy and sell these fakes do not care,about the potential health risks associated with counterfeited make up,they are interested only in lining their pockets!One prime example is this UK seller:eltrositgicienhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-120-COLOUR-PROFESSIONAL-EYE-SHADOW-PALETTE-/200643264448?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Eye_Shadow_PP&hash=item2eb7453fc0
I emailed him to correct his description which says " MAC 120 proffesional eyeshadow palette *8AUTHENTIC**(What else)i said in my email that he is being dishonest and basically cheating his customers not too mention illegal by using MAC trademark in sales of his replicas,i told him i will be reporting him and his other ID:zeb2528 item nu:190567358523,on which he sells same fake Mac palettes,location is the same Caddington is in Luton,Beds,same style of font used in auction,and using same photos!His reply was"

Did you know you can refill an authentic mac eyeshadow color refills into empty palettes so clearly it is genuine because these eye shadows refills are genuine.

Zeb2528 is not associated with me at all.

Theres no way you can prevent this because if you search on google you'll find dozens of people supplying fake ones, ebay is full of them.

Mine are all genuine refills.

- eltrositgicien
Oops i feel so ,so silly he has sold 16(x£59.99 )of these fake palettes,120 eyeshadows in each so he has depotted over 1900 eyeshadows himself awwww i am thinking of a suitable reply.....i will be reporting him and his Zeb ID,again hopefully someone at ebay will take their listings off.I do feel a bit sorry for all those people who have shelled out £59.99 for these replica palettes!Ebay wake up and do something !!
$%28KGrHqJ,%21hYE3u,z%28jJUBODLu30nCw%7E%7E_12.JPG

Image not available

thepicketywitch

Christ Almighty, that is disgusting. This goes beyond counterfeit goods...this is the loss of human decency...knowingly making these fakes, filling them with vile ingredients and letting others put these things on their bodies...all to make some quick money? Ugh.

To the girl above
iagree.gif
!!! Does he really think you're that stupid? Good lord.
No way we can prevent this? Challenge accepted.

sarahsharkbait

That palette you got there is exactly the same as my 120 pro palette, that is a wholesale item which you can pick up between £10-19 :O And his selling it as a 'MAC' ... I dont understand how Ioffer is still operating and how ebay arent picking this up :/
Here is the 120 pro palette I have.. sorry the colours look a aittle washed out... bloody camera :/

BellaItalia1969

@Picketywitch,lol your reply made me laff,from looking at your avatar picture you look so serene :)Girls,if anyone needs to report any specific fake Mac feel free to email me via the Spectra message system :)
The seller zeb2528 has just relisted another lot of these fakes !!!Below are all the auction numbers of the previous ones he sold,newly relisted is at the top
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-120-COLOUR-PROFESSIONAL-EYE-SHADOW-PALETTE-/190568414583?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Eye_Shadow_PP&hash=item2c5ec33d77

eltrositgicien!
!Oh my gawd he just upped the price of his fake to £99.99 per palette what a conman!!Girls them two are the same person am i right?Below again are all the auction numbers:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-120-COLOUR-PROFESSIONAL-EYE-SHADOW-PALETTE-/200643264448?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Eye_Shadow_PP&hash=item2eb7453fc0

[h=3]I[/h]

BellaItalia1969

Nickala :)Thanks. The direct links are in my post below.I am very much against counterfeits ever since a pregnant friend of mine bought a fake lipglass (on ebay)and her lips swelled up,trip to the doc,confirmed that it was something in the lipgloss that caused this and trip to MAC counter confirmed lipglass was replica!!My friend was not very clued up when it came to how to tell the difference between fake and authentic MAC :(

I always say that while you may purchase a fake Gucci/Louis Vuitton bag and your pride maybe dented,you won't develop allergic reaction from wearing this fake bag!Although please don't misunderstand me i don't condone sales of any kinda counterfeit item,be it a bag ,perfume or make up.Sadly some people are very "label ,brand obssessed,which in my personal opinion is tad sad!

Nicala

Both listings have been reported! People who sell fakes (especially make up) make me sick :mad: No one should have to deal with eye infections, swelling, etc because sellers want to make a quick buck.. Hopefully your friend knows to only buy MAC from the MAC store itself now.

BellaItalia1969

That palette you got there is exactly the same as my 120 pro palette, that is a wholesale item which you can pick up between £10-19 :O And his selling it as a 'MAC' ... I dont understand how Ioffer is still operating and how ebay arent picking this up :/
Here is the 120 pro palette I have.. sorry the colours look a aittle washed out... bloody camera :/
Sarah,and below is my gorgeous nude/smokey look eyeshadow palette bought for £12 :)

Latest posts