iPhone Database

miss_bailey

Hello all.
Id like to create some type of database on my iphone where I could keep a record of all my MAC shadows and preferably arrange them by colour so that they are easy to sort and so that when I go shopping I dont end up doubling up. Can anyone recommend an application?

Miz Pina

I just started experimenting with adding cosmetic and nail polish categories using the touchcloset app on my ipod.

Welcome to TouchCloset.com

you need to have photos stored to use though. Once I get it all together, I think it will look like my own personal mac store!

It looks like you could save different mu combinations as favorites, too.

Miz Pina

Thought it might be fun to add a few pics... they've made it sort of like itunes for your closet/make-up/nail polish/obsession. pretty nifty.

It's not perfect but it satisfies a little of the ocd in me
smiles.gif

the closet:
1231904636.jpg

eye shadows:
1231904744.jpg

detail:
1231904769.jpg

up close:
1231904789.jpg

enjoy!

ashleydawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Pina
Thought it might be fun to add a few pics... they've made it sort of like itunes for your closet/make-up/nail polish/obsession. pretty nifty.

It's not perfect but it satisfies a little of the ocd in me
smiles.gif

the closet:
1231904636.jpg

eye shadows:
1231904744.jpg

detail:
1231904769.jpg

up close:
1231904789.jpg

enjoy!

how did you get those photos onto the app to use them? i'm assuming those are the stock photos from the mac website.

Miz Pina

screen capture on windows: Printkey2000.exe/mac: apl-shift-4 & online searches/retailers.

I already had all the pictures in iphoto (ocd) so it was very easy to synch the folder in itunes. I assume it is similar on windows pc. I think the best size is around 250 x 250, 260 x 270 or so.

You can use whatever photos you have on your computer. They will probably be more accurate
smiles.gif
I hate photo editing so I just use the swatches from MAC.com

FYI, on the old site, many older swatches are still available if you search for them but I'm not sure since it has recently been updated. I know the other non-us sites are the same for now so you can probably find them there.

miss_bailey

I just wanted to add that I use this now. I just took photos using my iphone as I added the shadows/pigments/lipsticks/blush. That way I ahve the photo stored but it doesnt get saved to my phones memory and take up loads of space.
I love it! I use it all the time and its super usefull and easy to use once you get used to it.

Latest posts