Ipod Nano

souraznhunnie

so who's got the ipod nano? what do u think about it? i'm planning to get one, but i need some reviews on it! and is it true that they discontinued the ipod mini? and you know how you can personalize the back of the ipod nano, can they do that in stores also?

user2

Yes it's true that they discontinued the Mini just because they think that the Nano is so much better which I think he is!

I'm planning on getting a black one!

Juneplum

my dh just bought the black one for me.. it's purdy damn cool.. haven't uploaded anything to it yet cos i just got it on saturday but so far so good! i love how neat and small it is!

V2LUCKY

I want one sooooooooo bad too. When I saw it on tv I wanted it but once I went to the Apple store and fell in love. It is soooo cute. Once MAC stops releasing all these collections so close together (doubt they will) I'll get me one.

so_siqqq

In my opinion the sound quality is not that great because of the size of it so not a lot of bass. I think it's too small too. It's only 1GB (1,000 songs) for $199 while a 20GB (5,000 songs) iPod is $299. So I find the regular iPods to be a better deal because of the price and the quality of sound.

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
In my opinion the sound quality is not that great because of the size of it so not a lot of bass. I think it's too small too. It's only 1GB (1,000 songs) for $199 while a 20GB (5,000 songs) iPod is $299. So I find the regular iPods to be a better deal because of the price and the quality of sound.

you do know that they offer the nano in the 2 and 4 gig versions,right? IT IS NOT 1 GIG! the 4 gig is priced the same as the ipod mini....249.99.

what makes you think that the size of the actual ipod/hd makes the sound different? the bass and treble do not resonate from the ipod itself,it's all with the quality of the mp3 and your headphones/speakers.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by souraznhunnie
so who's got the ipod nano? what do u think about it? i'm planning to get one, but i need some reviews on it! and is it true that they discontinued the ipod mini? and you know how you can personalize the back of the ipod nano, can they do that in stores also?

I heard there were alot of problems with the new Nano.. that people were having to take them back due to tech problems. You know they are going to launch a new camera Ipod.. always some new...coming out.

xiahe

the iPod nano is still new, which is probably why they're having a lot of tech problems.

even though it's uber cool (so slim and it's in COLOR!) i still prefer my iPod mini. it has better sound quality than the nano IMO. and the mini comes in cooler colors.
greengrin.gif

it just makes me mad how i just bought the mini a few months ago and now the nano comes out. :|

springy

i got my DH a mini for his birthday. i looked at the nano and i think he would lose it. it's so cute and tiny. i can't speak on the quailty but he seems to love the thing.

AlliSwan

I like my mini more--better colors for cases, true no color screen, but it's already pretty damn small. I don't like the chrome-y back cover....gets really smeary and fingerprinty. The nanos are cool, though.

dreams

Have you seen the new colour combos?? I think thats really coollyy!! I might get the nano for my birthday.....only if by then (in 1 week) I am convinced that its any good...

I think its good coz its got photo storage, music (500 songs is enough for me..) and 14 hour battery life is excellent (I mean come on..how many hours are you continously gonna listen to music???? Just charge it when you're doing something else!) So.....looking good.....

souraznhunnie

all right guys. i just got the nano and the Itunes is pissing me off. i put my songs in the library to import to my ipod right? WELL there is no damn import button on the top left. i only get "browse store" icon...wth is up with that? can anyone help?

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq

But the "old" iPod still has a hard-disc and this could be damaged easily during a workout when you jump up and down or just drop it!

The new iPod nano has a Flash memory which is more shock-resistant than a hard-discs! Hard discs are usually in computers and when you drop them the hard disc gets a major damage/works no more!

But seriously, I haven't seen 1 single person that has a full 20GB iPod! Who in the world has 5000 songs?!?!?

pale blue

I just received a black Nano, and in my opinion the sound quality is better than my iPod Photo. Plus there's no pause when you skip songs like the other hard drive-based iPods

I got mine mainly for the form factor, so when I'll be commuting I'd have something smaller to put in my pocket. I love it though! It does tend to scratch easily, so the least anyone should do is get some protector for the screen. I'm not too worried about the body scratching, I just want to be able to read the screen.

And to the person who asked who has 5000 songs, well I have over 7000 now. I basically digitized my whole CD/record collection
lol.gif

melozburngr

I'm only about 3 gigs away from filling up my 20GB iPod.. so there ARE people that fill em
smiles.gif
IMO- the nano is cute, but its too damn small.. I would break it, lose, or something like that- PLUS- are they coming out with an iTrip for it? I rarely use my ipod with headphones...mostly in the car...

I can speak for the quality of the regular iPod tho, min gets dropped more than it is actually in my pocket, hand, etc... and the thing works fine. Poor iPod... it loves me. :
smiles.gif

Glow

When the battery on my U2 edition dies, i'm going to get a white nano if they're still around.