Irritated/sore scalp rememdies

SagMaria

I've been stripping my hair colour with harsh shampoos (on purpose) but it's resulted in a sore, irritated scalp. Does anyone have any remedies, both DIY and store bought - NATUARL preffered please!! Thanks!

X4biddenxLustX

This isn't really a remedy, but what kind of shampoo do you usually use? Maybe switching to a sulfate free shampoo would be much gentler and non-irritating could help a bit.

But as for remedies, I haven't tried this yet but plan on doing so. I've read online that one use for emu oil ( you can probably get this at any health food store or even a vitamin store) is to rub it into your scalp and hair during shampooing. This is suppose to help with dryness and irritation since emu oil is anti-inflammatory and very moisturizing.

SagMaria

Gaaaahhh its at it again (ITCHY SCALP DRIVING ME NUUUTS!!!) and I have not been abusing my scalp, WHAT IS THIS?? THE WEATHER? What do you girls with SENSITIVE SCALPS use?

alka1

Aloe vera gel is a soothing, light moisturizer for irritated skin. Many people use it on sunburns. I like to use it on my face sometimes, as well as a lightweight gel for my hair
smiles.gif

Jojoba oil is an amazing non-greasy oil for the skin. It can be used in the scalp, to calm the skin and to condition the hair.

These can be found at any drugstore/health store. I like to mix some aloe vera gel with a few drops of jojoba oil and it always works great. also keeps my hair soft and smooth with no icky greasy feel!

HTH and hope your scalp feels better soon
smiles.gif