Is anyone else bummed about See Thru Cheek Color?

JMKess

I was really hoping it would be more of a jelly color, like the Tarte flushes. I bought the See Thru Cheek Color and I feel like it is so difficult to work with.

How is everyone using it? Maybe I'm just using it incorrectly? I feel like 1/2 the product gets sucked up by the sponge and doesn't wind up where or how I want it.

tiffie0023

I found it much easier to not use the sponge... I just squeeze some out of the hole and apply with my fingers.

I'm kinda ehhh about it. It doesn't show up all that well on me, but it's not terrible either. It's ok for a sheer flush.

asteffey

its a big let down for me, i wanted a tan color as far as cheek washes go. the applicator sucks, dont use that.. dab it on a brush and stipple it on... eh, mac failed at this launch.

glittergoddess27

Nope, I wasnt very taken with this collection either. I didnt really like any of the blushes,.. I got one of the lip stains just to have one,... and I think its okay. I got Valentine's lipgelee bc it is such a natural color on my lips. But I was kinda glad,.. my wallet needed a break specially before Lure/Bait/Hooked. Its nice to get a break.

sarzio

Yeah I agree... I don't plan on buying any of the LE stuff from this launch. Eventually I will get around to buying Valentines and Goldensoft lipgelee... other than that it was definately a disappointing collection, but I'm not complaining, my wallets still hurting from sundresssing and sweetie cake :p

Wattage

The relief of not liking a MAC product is like heaven for me! I was thrilled that these sucked - if that makes any sense?
greengrin.gif

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
But I was kinda glad,.. my wallet needed a break specially before Lure/Bait/Hooked. Its nice to get a break.

i hear that!!

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffie0023
I found it much easier to not use the sponge... I just squeeze some out of the hole and apply with my fingers.

I'm kinda ehhh about it. It doesn't show up all that well on me, but it's not terrible either. It's ok for a sheer flush.

I don't use the applicator either....I just squeeze some out onto my fingertips...

MizMac

I dislike these too, I'm not even really showing them to my custys....I had wished they where like the stain from Aquadisiac or the tokyo rose cheek jelly. Love the lipstains, hate the cheek icks

Femme Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
The relief of not liking a MAC product is like heaven for me! I was thrilled that these sucked - if that makes any sense?
greengrin.gif

i agree!! These collections come out a little too often.
so thank god the new liners are permanent and that i haven't like some of the stuff coming out!

bellaetoile

agreed, i felt like they wouldn't do much for my nc42 skin, plus, they seemed hard to work with. the testers looked GROSS, too, i didn't like the sponge thing. plus they also seemed freaking SMALL.

i love the lip stains though..so much better than i expected them to be.

mspixieears

What a shame, it sounded like such a cool product...it does make me want to try the Tarte ones, incidentally. I've heard really good things about them and they come in so many colours nowadays.

Are the lip stains very drying, does anyone know?

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears

Are the lip stains very drying, does anyone know?

it was comparable with a pro longwear as far as how drying it was, when used on bare lips. when i tried it again, with prep and prime lip under it, it just felt like normal lipgloss, not a problem at all for me. i'm impressed with them, on a whole