Is anyone else scared to go into a PRO store?

mjalomo

I have had so many chances to go shop at pro stores, but I get too nervous to go in. My husband gets upset, but that much MAC in one place is a little intimidating. I think: What if my makeup looks horrible today? What if I lose control & buy too much? My husband won't stop me, but it is such a frivilous thing to do when I own so much already. Then I talk myself out of it & regret it later. Stupid, huh?

inlucesco

Whenever I get intimidated I remind myself that no matter what my makeup looks like, their job is to do business, and if they treat me poorly then they can't have my money.
greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

Don't be nervous, Hon! They are just people like you and me. I used to be an MA for MAC and honestly, I never judged anyone on their makeup. I loved helping people and teaching them new tricks!
smiles.gif
Some of the nicest people work at the Pro store in NY. Just go in and watch the MAs to find one whose skills and personality you would like to deal with, then ask them for help. If they are rude, ah...fuck em'! Go spend your money elsewhere, with someone who appreciates your biz. Give it a go!
smiles.gif

user2

Awww believe me I'm always that nervous when I walk into a Louis Vuitton store (which doesn't happen too much but once a year when I get my agenda refill
graucho.gif
) because they always "over-pamper" me! Like opening the door and saying hello and how are you?.... I'm just that used to bad service LOL!
But in the end YOU are the customer and they want YOUR money so YOU have the power! And most of the time there are really nice MAs!

galvanizer

IME, the nicest MA's work at the Pro stores! I love the environment too where you can just grab a basket and find things yourself, but there's always someone who's willing to help you find what you need. I get excited when I know I can go there!

crystalpenguin13

i'm with everyone else on this one-the MA's at the pro stores are the nicest out there. i've run into some seriously snotty ones at counters. i just wish i had a pro store less than 2 1/2 hours away!

Aprilrobin

I have never found them to be too different than a regular freestanding store - just with more product. Acturally, IME the SA's are a little nicer, more knowledgable and more generoud. Otherwise.. not too different

Wattage

Agreed. If you have gone to the counter, the pro store is way better. The service, everything. I wish I lived closer to one - I would go all the time and skip the counter all together!

a914butterfly

i went to the PRO store in NYC, and they were very nice and helpfull. i didnt feel intimidated and it was very nice cause it was empty and small and i felt i got more help and personal attention than i do in the mac counter at macys in cross county. the only problem is that i spent over 300.00!!!

theend

PRO stores are so much nicer than the counters. Counter people always seem to be ruder to me.

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theend
PRO stores are so much nicer than the counters. Counter people always seem to be ruder to me.

omg they really are.
smiles.gif
I love the people at the pro store they are really nice and nicer then the reg stores
smiles.gif
no reason to be scared to go into the pro store and overr spending if you really really really dont like it you can return it to any freestanding store.

ette

Yeah I am, especially because I'm 15 in and I feel like they might be like "oh what can she afford, she's no pro". LOL.

Marcita

The only thing that scares me is how much I spend there! Everyone is always so friendly and helpful. I've been to the Vegas one about 4 or 5 times and love it there.

ninabruja

not really. but i've only been to the orlando pro store and its actually smaller than the freestanding store i go to right now.

in addition to any normal products i want to get i try to look around the pro website to kind of prepare for pro items that i want to check out irl, so i don't end up spending too much at once.

BlahWah

Just been to one tonight and it was such a pleasant experience there! I was a bit apprehensive at first but just wandered up to the first available SA. Definitely more knowledgeable and friendly, almost like I was talking to one of you Specktra-ettes face to face (maybe I was? =P). At the counter I'd mention Relaxing and Summer Neutral and they'd have no clue what I'm talking about whereas at the pro store they knew right away. It might just be my counter, tho, but it seems like the general experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwaway Style
I've never been to a pro store
ssad.gif
. I'm not even sure where the nearest one to me is.

There's a store locater on the website, you can check it out there.
smiles.gif

tricky

i love to go to the LA Pro store, i think the people that work there are waaay more helpful than the MA's that work at the counters. it's so much fun to go into the Pro store!