Is Cockatease the new Dainty Cake as far as....

Maryfairy

being so popular? What have I missed and why do I see all these post's of everyone buying it? I just need to know if I should get it now before it's gone. I made the mistake of not getting a Dainty Cake and could kick myself.

leppy

Yeah its totally hyped like mad!

I thought it was ugly LOL but I can see why it would be popular, and of course the name is just hilarious..

Juneplum

agree with leppy.. the hype is unreal re this color BUT i just don't like it as much as dainty cake.. i LOOVE dainty cake...

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosary
Daintycake is still showing as available on Gloss.com.

ACK!
icon_eek.gif
must get one now!!

Sanne

I hate my daintycake, I just can't pull this color off! I bought it because everybody was raving over it...stupid me!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
I hate my daintycake, I just can't pull this color off! I bought it because everybody was raving over it...stupid me!

oh nooo! :| i'd think dainty cake would look fab on you sanne! u r so pretty and your skin is AMAZING that u could TOTALLY pull it off
ssad.gif
! awww maaaannn...

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
Quote:

oh nooo! :| i'd think dainty cake would look fab on you sanne! u r so pretty and your skin is AMAZING that u could TOTALLY pull it off
ssad.gif
! awww maaaannn...

I thought so too, but my teeth look gross, and my skincolor looks weird w/ it. on me it's just orange w/ too much gold!

archangeli

Cockatease looks a lot like Monarch.

No matter WHAT it looks like, the color won't work on me in this lifetime so I can save my money
winks.gif

redrosary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Quote:

Actually its not. It shows on there, but you cant actually put it in your basket.

Sorry! I was only going by the main lipstick selection page. They really need to weed out that site. Again, I didn't mean to mislead or disappoint anyone.

MacLover

Macy's website is doing the same thing. When you try to add Daintycake to your cart, it kicks you out and sends you to the main page for MAC.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Quote:

Actually its not. It shows on there, but you cant actually put it in your basket.

Sorry! I was only going by the main lipstick selection page. They really need to weed out that site. Again, I didn't mean to mislead or disappoint anyone.

No worries
smiles.gif
You just have to know whats what with places like gloss.com, macys and nordies. They all kinda do similar things. Nordies puts stuff up that isnt available for months, macys leaves stuff up for months..as does gloss...not your fault
greengrin.gif

Alexa

Quote:
I thought so too, but my teeth look gross, and my skincolor looks weird w/ it. on me it's just orange w/ too much gold!

thats how it looked on me too!! i sold mine
ssad.gif

midnightlouise

hmmm...well I managed to somehow pull of Dainty Cake, but I think Cockatease looks too orange for me to attempt :/ It's pretty though *insert wistful sigh*

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
hmmm...well I managed to somehow pull of Dainty Cake, but I think Cockatease looks too orange for me to attempt :/ It's pretty though *insert wistful sigh*

Its really not orange at all, its a true coral, and its gorgeous (Im just REALLY PALE)!! Ill see if I can take a pic of the actual lipstick this evening or tomorrow..

Sprout

Maybe I'm weird, but Cockatease looks more peachy to me. It's also more frosty. I found Dainty Cake to be a tad more sheer and therefore, easier to pull off, especially when used with a pink lipliner. Cockatease is more of a super frosty pastel peachy coral to me. Did that make sense? I just found it glittery and thick looking. Blah.