Is IconIII Thunder Eyes the next Liza PM quad?

toby1

That quad seems to be increasing in value, at least on Ebay. What other items are destined to be the next Parrot?

toby1

Well there's one now at $47 and it still has 8 hours left Quote:
Originally Posted by julievdveer
Really? I just picked one up from my CCO last week. I was suprised to see it there so soon.

user3

hmmm...strange I never thought that quad would be so popular.
I mean don't get me wrong I adore mine but colors are not that rare.

midnightlouise

Ebay is so weird, it's hard to tell. It could be a couple of people who have entered into the spirit of the auction thing & are getting out of hand lol! I always tend to overbid if someone else is bidding against me
blush-anim-cl.gif
Stupid, but there you go. Then again, who knows? It's a really nice quad!

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
Ebay is so weird, it's hard to tell. It could be a couple of people who have entered into the spirit of the auction thing & are getting out of hand lol! I always tend to overbid if someone else is bidding against me
blush-anim-cl.gif
Stupid, but there you go. Then again, who knows? It's a really nice quad!

I think that is exactly the point of eBay, and what it relies upon, otherwise wouldn't we all just be selling more items at a fixed price? The psychology of bidding is nuts!

One tip I've picked up of late is you place a fairly big bid on something you want heaps very early on in an item's listing, and if 2-5 people try to bid and their bids are too low, it seems to discourage others from trying to bid.

Till 'sniping' time, that is. Heh heh.

Anyway, that was off topic, sorry! Perhaps the Thunder quad just isn't as readily available in some parts of the world, and even the States? It's all well and good for it to be turning up in CCOs, but a lot of the int'l community here don't have such things, and not ones for MAC *sob sob*.

bellaetoile

the only thing i kept from the thunder quad was scarab, but we all know MAC seems to have a deficiency in the green department. other than that i didn't think the quad was that special.

it seems de menthe, melody, guacamole, and lucky green seem to be feching some high prices. sprout even, i've seen go pretty high on ebay, which surprised me, considering its not that old...

Wontpayretail23

This is already showing up at Cosmetic Company Outlets. My counter explained to me today that all counters had to pull what they had left down and take down all the promotion for it. When they sign a contract to use someones personal image like that they sign with a time limit and when that time limit is up they can no longer use that persons image so all product has to be pulled from counters. If that kabuki shows up at the CCO, I'll be buying it and giving my mom my Bobbi Brown Kabuki brush.

toby1

I was also told by a CCO, when looking for a Liza quad last year, that even they can no longer sell those items after the contract is up with the person(Icon). I hope they didn't actually have unsold items destroyed
ssad.gif