Is it fair to report people who are abusing MAC Pro?

Hilly

I do know someone (not someone Im close with or anything like that) and she faked her info to get a PRO card. She outright made phony cards, letterhead, all that kinda stuff. To me, it wasn't right. Sure I spend a LOT on MAC, but im not going to cheat them to get a discount. Yes, i've thought about it, but ya know- morally, it would get me. It's just like stealing if you're not a freelance or full time MUA.

florabundance

If that person doesn't have the mind or the conscience to stop and consider that what they're doing is essentially fraud, or even if they are fully aware of the extent of their actions, then shame on them.
Some people get caught, others don't, but I feel that karma is something far too powerful to tamper with.
I'd just be content in being an honest person if I were you.

sovica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I honestly wouldn't concern myself with it...Because most people that do wrong eventually their wrong doings will and does catch up with them. People can only abuse anything for a certain amount of time before they are caught. So just do you nad don't worry about them. I know it's disconcerning but there are always going to be people that push the envelope. PRO is the ones that should be checking more carefully, obviously they are not too concerned.

i agree
yes.gif

blindpassion

I agree with Tish... just don't concern yourself with it. Those people will get theirs. Just live your own life the best way you can.

LostinBubbles

I think if MAC PRO had a problem with it, they would either develop a better system or limit the discount. It's up to them honestly, and if these you tubers are so blatant about it, then I imagine someone up there in MAC heaven has seen it and they would investigate further if they felt necessary. No sense in being a tattle for something like that in my opinion - especially since it's not exactlly hurting MAC's pocket book.

I do see your concern however, but it's a battle thats not worth fighting or even getting involved in. The world is always going to be FILLED with honest and dishonest people.

lovesong

I know most people got their PRO cards through make-up shows.My cousin went to a makeup show and she said lot of people were in line for a pro card.

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesong
I know most people got their PRO cards through make-up shows.My cousin went to a makeup show and she said lot of people were in line for a pro card.

i heard this too. At the annual makeup show in LA you pay to get into the event. MAC is there trying to sign up artists for pro cards. you dont have to even show professional doscuments at this event.

i read this on another message board a while back...

Blushbaby

I don't see how it's any of your business.

Let me put this scenario to you. If your friend had a PRO card and offered to get you your stuff using her discount - would you say no? No, of course you wouldn't! Or would you pick up the phone and report your friend for 'abusing' her card? Again, of course you wouldn't.

If somebody offered me a PRO card tomorrow - I'd take it in a hot min! Shoot me, I'm being real, I'd take the card and I'm sure everybody else would too. I can think of better things to report than the misuse of a makeup discount card.

blindpassion

Yeah I agree with the lady who posted above me... I think a lot of people get so fired up about it just because of how much we love MAC as a company, but at the same time, MAC has very smart people working for it... if they wanted to change their procedure for the card, they would. They obviously don't have an issue with it, so we shouldn't either.

Latest posts