Is it normal to have eyelids that are darker then ur face?

MizzMelroseMood

My eyelids are a good shade darker then the rest of my face, is this normal? I wear concealer in a medium peachy shade to even them out. I don't mean dark circles either, my skin is just a browner shade there.

hello_my_apple

yes def. most people have this problem, you can try to eliminate some of the pigmentation by getting rest and drinking lots of water, but thats going to only do so much, i'm a NW45 and my circles were bad about a year ago, but i changed my diet and sleep pattern and it lightened up a bit but i use my good ole' MAC Moisturecover!

she

indeed- my friend is nc35 and i was all like "ooh, i like your shadow shade!" and she was NOT amused as she was barefaced
tong.gif

iaisha26

Yes, it's both genetic and hormonal; as women we tend to have discoloration around our eyes, nose, & mouth.

westindiesangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by she
indeed- my friend is nc35 and i was all like "ooh, i like your shadow shade!" and she was NOT amused as she was barefaced
tong.gif

Haha, this reminds me of when I was complaining to my friend about my dark eyelids and she was like, "Really? I thought you were just wearing eyeshadow all this time!" After 4 years of being friends...tsk tsk lol.

It doesn't really bother me anymore. Just slap on a little concealer. I think it's one of those things you notice on yourself more than anyone else notices on you.

malvales

I think it's great because it looks you are wearing eye shadow so it kinda saves you on makeup
greengrin.gif

I am actually looking for creme eye shadow that is just one shade darker than my face! I haven't really found any...I am NC 42.

jazmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I'm only NC20 but I have this too. It's genetic. It can show up under your arms as well.

Argh I think I have this! Is there anything to do to help the under arm darkness? Sometimes I exfoliate there but I don't think it does anything.

Simply Elegant

^I'm not sure there is. I know lightening creams exist but Im not sure how effective they are as I've never used them.

AdrianUT

I have this too. My entire eye area is darker than my face naturally. The lids being darker doesn't bother me as much as them being darker below. :0(

Latest posts