Is mac really expensive in europe ?

Miss_Behave

hi, in germany it's 14 euro for a pot and 10 for a pan. 17 for a lipstick and you don't wanna know what the 187 brush costs
smiles.gif

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
...and you don't wanna know what the 187 brush costs
smiles.gif

i do
graucho.gif
graucho.gif
graucho.gif
i'm intrigued, i thought brushed were only more expensive in mexico because if all the stupid fees-taxes on fur/skin/hair imports how much is that brush in germany?

veilchen

Mine cost 45 or 47 Euros (Austria), I can't remember exactly ... and the Kabuki from Catherine Deneuve had roughly the same price, just for reference ... Yep, MAC is somewhat more expensive over here ;-)

Sophia84

Yeah at least here are very expensive!!! An e/s pot costs 15 euros, I don't knw about pans!!!

The #187 costs 48 euros and I'm soooo pissed of becuase the Fix+ costs 26 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss_Behave

Yup the 187 is 48 euros which is around 58 dollars, and the brush clutch is around 70 dollars here. it sucks living in Germany when it comes down to MAC
smiles.gif

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
The #187 costs 48 euros and I'm soooo pissed of becuase the Fix+ costs 26 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!

26??!! that's a lot, I think it's 14 or 16 in germany

burkle

Part of the reason is probably because Europe generally has higher sales taxes than the US. In the US, the sales tax is around 8% (?) but in the UK, VAT is 17.5% and France is over 20%, IIRC.

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkle
Part of the reason is probably because Europe generally has higher sales taxes than the US. In the US, the sales tax is around 8% (?) but in the UK, VAT is 17.5% and France is over 20%, IIRC.

Yes here is 19%!!!!!!!!

ambidextrous

We have 20% in Austria, maybe you can get a tax refund if you spend over 75€. Anyway Studio Fix costs 26€ (before the price hike it was 24,80€), and Eye Shadow and Lipglass must be around 14,50€ (was 14€), and the lipstick was 17,50€

vicuna1

Wow! 19 and 20% sales tax! I had no idea. We have some states that don't even have sales tax at all! I'm sure the cost is made up in some other way, but is does make you think about buying some major jewelry and other expensive things in those states.

Ambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkle

22% in Finland, insane really
angry.gif

jeannette

Not Europe, but I read a post by Newzealander who said that tinted lip conditioners cost US$31 in NZ (!).

Latest posts