Is She OK?

gildedangel

You are correct about the transmission of STD's except that HIV can be passed through any exchange of blood, breast milk, and sexual bodily fluids, including semen. Chances are she will see symptoms if she caught anything (except with HIV of course). 2-4 weeks for testing will not produce accurate results, she will need to wait a few months as you said (up to 6 months for HIV testing); unless she experiences symptoms earlier than that. If she experiences symptoms she should go in right away. Hopefully this is a good lesson on being sexually responsible. I hope that she is clean and fine!

LMD84

yes what the other poster advised is good. i hope your friend will be ok and at least she will know for next time. i think you're a good friend for warning her too because otherwise she may never go for testing. finger crossed for her
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

He should still be notified of getting tested unless he never plans on hooking up with anyone again. Regardless, he should still have physicals every year that tests that.

Simply Elegant

Wow I'd much rather get a needle than an STD. That seems crazy to me and irresponsible to never get tested. Maybe this will turn him around and make him realize a needle is not a big deal, especially if he doesn't look when it's getting done.

abbyquack

Sorry but his fear of needles sounds like a cop-out to me. So what if he got a little queasy as a child- he is an adult now! And if he's going to have sex, he needs to grow up and be a man. This is why to each his own- everyone needs to cover their own back because you can't rely on other people.

But kudo to your friend for taking the initiative and getting tested! I know how nerve-wrecking it can be to not know to live in anticipation for the result.

Meisje

She may have a yeast infection if his fingers went in/around her anus and then in her vagina. That's pretty much an instant yeast infection.

DILLIGAF

Most places offer a cheek swab for HIV testing. If the test is inconclusive they will then opt for the blood test. My last HIV test was via cheek swab.

paperfishies

MANY times when a woman has chlamydia she believes it's just a yeast infection. I had a friend who liked to sleep around, she complained to me for about a week that she had a yeast infection she couldn't get rid of. Come to find out she had chlamydia. So good thing she got tested and I hope it's not a big deal. I wish more people would get tested.

Also, I hope he's telling the truth about being negative and yes a clinic would allow them to leave together without even hinting that he was HIV+. Especially if you're in the US. HIPPA is taken pretty seriously and clinics can have the shit sued out of them if they slip up and even hint at someones test results.

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMakeup4Real
I don't think they would dare let her leave w/ him if that were the case, or they would have at least suggested counseling for him had he been sick.

I agree with the previous post; clinics take confidentiality VERY VERY seriously. If the clinic is doing their job, you should never be able to tell someone elses test results from the reactions of the people running the clinic. That would put them in a very risky and compromising position legally and even trust-wise in the community. If he had any STD, they would have suggested everything in the room when he was receiving his results or asked him to call them later for more information about treatments and counseling. He probably isn't lying, but I don't want you to think that a clinic would allude to any sort of a test result.

hello_my_apple

HIV doubt it, i learned when i was studying in college that pretty much the virus is dead once it hits the air, but sometimes things can seem like a yeast infection and be something totally serious so tell her to get that checked out as well. also if she gets more than 2 or 3 yeast infections a year thats sorta a red flad for the HIV/AIDS virus. is your friend irresponsible about about having protected sex other times? i would tell her to not waste anytime .. and tell the guy to man up and get tested!