Is the 182 meant to be made in China?

~Crystal~

I've recently bought a 182 brush off ebay- but I also own the 187. I'm just a bit unsure about this... so I figured I'd see what you girls think.
My 182 brush (the new one with the black handle), says 'China' on it, at the top of the handle, on the other side from the MAC logo.
On the other hand... my 187 says 'Japan' on the handle.

Is this meant to be the case? It FEELS fine. I don't suspect it of being a fake really... This is just something that I would like to know, to be sure.

If someone could confirm this for me, I'd be really grateful!

Thank you in advance
greengrin.gif

Sereia

Hi, this is my first post here and maybe I will not be a great help here but I have a few MAC brushes and some say USA, some Japan, some France, so I think it is ok!

caffn8me

I think the best way to tell is for someone who has the 182 brush (bearing in mind there were two versions) to check.

brandiisamonkey

my 182 that I purchased directly from mac says china
smiles.gif

They are all made in diffrent areas because I have brushes that say france china japan and usa and they were all purchased from mac
smiles.gif

Summer

All the MAC brushes I have say either Japan or China. All bought at a MAC free standing store or dept store.

Shawna

I have the original 182 and just happened to notice the other day that it is made in China. I am sure yours is made in the same factory
smiles.gif
Oh yeah, mine came directly from the counter.

ghoulina

MAC brushes were originally made in France. About 5-ish years ago they started their production in China. It's all good.
smiles.gif

duch3ss25

both my 182's have China on them and i got them at the FS store at Soho, so i think your brush is genuine MAC. also, the brushes from the Pret-A-Porter have USA, Japan and France on them. i'll post each brush's designation tomorrow since i'm off to bed in a few minutes.

charismaticlime

Well I started buying MAC brushes from their free standing stores before the A Muse collection came along and where they've been manufactured has varied. Only two of my brushes say France, most of them say Japan, and one of them says USA.

duch3ss25

ok, my Pret-A-Porter brushes have the following:

219 Japan
129 Japan
187 Japan
213 France
316 France
266 France
224 France
190 USA

also, my other 187 has Japan on it and the 2 182's have China. hth!