Is the right one fake? MAC Blush

User38

huh? Band of Roses looks real to me. The min blushes cost too much to divide up and reproduce cheaply. Find almost none which are fakes.

edit: had not noticed the little holes.. that is not MAC. sorry.. my bad glasses.

saraly

Band of roses looks fake to me. An easy way to tell is by the two holes in the back. They are just too messy on band of roses for a MAC product while stay pretty is nice and precise!!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I have a feeling there are a lot of fake blush duos from the In the Groove collection floating around. I was looking for Hang Loose on ebay some time ago, and there are a lot of them and the prices are too good to be true a lot of the times, as well as being sold by sellers who have other suspisious products. So I would say Band of Roses could indeed be fake.

saraly

Agreed! I bought hang loose on eBay and it's Definitley fake. I did a comparison to it on my makeup ig page! Like you said the prices are too good to be true!

Ruca

In short: YES, that Band of Roses is fake as a $3 bill. The biggest tell-tale sign of a fake from anything that originated in the In The Groove collection is the batch code--that was an early collection tht had all stamp impressions/embossing style batch codes, NOT the fading ink stamps. All In The Grooves face products should have a batch code you can feel with your fingernail, never one that appears to be an ink stamp.

Also, when authenticating MAC by the label, look for the white ring around the label that shows the edges of PAPER. Legit MAC does not have paper labels. Notice, the legit blush does not have that. Legit MAC has labels that appear to be made of some sort of fibrous material. I always think of resume paper or cash, both of which are cotton, not paper. The lipsticks have a laminate label that lifts off easily with a pair of tweezers or a fingernail; counterfeit MAC lipsticks often have scraps of torn paper on the bottom where the Chinese number label is ripped off.

Based on the apparently paper label and the incorrect style of batch code, this is a fake. I am not surprised, as the duo mineralize blush from In The Groove were heavily counterfeited, and they still flood the market. Last year, I stopped a friend from buying a fake A Little Bit of Sun, and I was able to find an image of a legit label that verified the batch code is a pressure stamp, just like the rest of my ITG face products.

Ruca

Also, the font on the fake appears WHITE. MAC does not use a white font, they use a thin, grey font. Every fake piece I have seen that is passable to most has white print, not grey.

I also noticed after my first post that the legit blush you are using for comparison has the same impression-style stamp batch code I am talking about. Many MAC products do have a black ink stamp and no impression, and that ink seems to fade away into oblivion after you handle it a few times; there is absolutely zero consistency to when MAC will use the impressions or the fading ink. It's one of my biggest pet peeves, actually. But the In The Grooves collection was ALL impression stamped, as it fit their "groove" theme. I cannot say with certainty that this is why they did it, but it's an easy way to remember it!

cakewannaminaj

The white ring around the label are you talking about the back where it has all the code and name etc?

I did have a feeling that it's fake but I just didn't wanna believe it. I have throw them away now, lesson learn!