Is there a TRUE dupe for Sunnydaze?

StelliR

I've tried dozens of shadows trying to find a Sunnydaze copy, all to NO success. I ADORE Sunnydaze, it's my favorite shadow on earth, but I can't take the glitter fallout and I honestly don't care for pigments that much. Has anyone undertaken the same quest I have and actually been successful??? Much thanks for any help, and any recommendations from ANY brand!

prinzessin784

Not that it helps much but it's the same as Coco pigment, and I think there might have been another one that came out more recently but I can't remember. I didn't pick it up because I have Sunnydaze and Coco. It's my favorite too
smiles.gif

me_jelly

Coco and Subtle (even mauvement) are the closest, although they are all a tone or so darker.
I ADORE sunnydaze and don't mind the glitter - have you used it foiled? I find there's zero fallout that way and the color is more beautiful (not to mention smoother texture).

StelliR

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
Coco and Subtle (even mauvement) are the closest, although they are all a tone or so darker.
I ADORE sunnydaze and don't mind the glitter - have you used it foiled? I find there's zero fallout that way and the color is more beautiful (not to mention smoother texture).

How do you use it foiled? Is this when you wet it? Can you just use water or does it need to be something else? I'd be game to try anything to make Sunnydaze work for me!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StelliR
How do you use it foiled? Is this when you wet it? Can you just use water or does it need to be something else? I'd be game to try anything to make Sunnydaze work for me!

Yes, foiled is when you use it wet. Some people put on the pigment & then use a wet brush over it, but I find the best way for me is to dampen the brush, put some pigment on it & then apply. You can use plain old water, or mixing medium. It will make the texture seem creamier instead of so chunky. That should help with the glitter fallout.
smiles.gif

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by StelliR

You can use just water or mixing medium, whatever you prefer =)
Dampen your brush (so that there's a bit of moisture), then dip in the sunnydaze and pat it on the eye - this definitely gives smoother texture with zero fallout!