Is there a way to fill in your eyebrows with dye?

hnaoto

This may sound kinda silly lol but there's a girl I know through facebook and it looks like she fills in her eyebrows (with eyeshadow or pencil) but one of her picture comments says she waxes them and then dyes them every month.

I've been filling in my thin eyebrows with pencil for years, and dying them seems so convenient. I've tried google with no luck, is there a way to dye ON your eyebrows? Like permanently fill them in (not just dye the hair)? Thanks in advance

dietcokeg

yes its called an eyebrow tatto - its permanent and the name is self explanatory. Its quite Costly, theres a very good video on youtube by lovepeaceandlipgloss, she has it dont and she did a video about everything you need to know about it.

You can dye your eyebrows at a beauty salon or you can buy at home kits but its not permamnent its only good untill the hair grows out.

Hope that helps

hnaoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg
yes its called an eyebrow tatto - its permanent and the name is self explanatory. Its quite Costly, theres a very good video on youtube by lovepeaceandlipgloss, she has it dont and she did a video about everything you need to know about it.

You can dye your eyebrows at a beauty salon or you can buy at home kits but its not permamnent its only good untill the hair grows out.

Hope that helps

Thanks. I was thinking about using henna, since it dyes the skin

my_adored

DON'T DO THE PERMANENT STUFF! My mom did it and now that she is older and her hair has thinned a bit (yes, her eyebrow hair), she is left with tattooed eyebrows. Just don't do it! See if you can't get something semi-permanent or something less...um... permanent.

xsnowwhite

you can get your eyebrows tinted which lasts about a month and makes a hugeee difference. my beauty school does it for like 10 bucks so it isnt really expensive

hnaoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_adored
DON'T DO THE PERMANENT STUFF! My mom did it and now that she is older and her hair has thinned a bit (yes, her eyebrow hair), she is left with tattooed eyebrows. Just don't do it! See if you can't get something semi-permanent or something less...um... permanent.

LOL when I said permanent I meant something that would last more than... 1 day (like pencil)

Mabelle

I Dye my eyebrows when i colour my hair.
I use a spooly (mascara wand) and twirl it in my brows to make sure they are all covered. Once the dye activates, i start to look like Kevin from the Backstreet Boys... meaning the brows look huge. But with a tissue wipe off the extra , just dont wipe on top of the actual brow. I wipe it off right before i shower... leave it for like 15 mins ish.

If your skin is dyed around it, just exfoliate... should come off, or be faint enough taht you can cover it with your foundation.

Mabelle

oh, btw, like someone said, it only lasts a week or two because of how quickly the eyebrows shed, but its nice while it lasts

xFlossy

I have the eyebrow tint stuff from hairwell, I love it! My eyebrows are really blonde so it makes a huge difference. I think it makes them stand out a lot more and makes them look a heap better.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
you can get your eyebrows tinted which lasts about a month and makes a hugeee difference. my beauty school does it for like 10 bucks so it isnt really expensive

I second this! I've done mine at home, when I dyed my hair, and it lasted maybe 2 weeks at best. A month ago I had them tinted at my sister's cosmetology school and it's still a big difference, they're just due for a touch-up.

xFlossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
oh, btw, like someone said, it only lasts a week or two because of how quickly the eyebrows shed, but its nice while it lasts

I only just saw this, but when I tint mine it lasts for a good 4-5 weeks easy.