Is there any help for sparse lashes?

ChrisKsAngel

Ok, here is my problem...

I have very sparse and short lashes. I don't mind using mascera, but I was wondering if there was anything that I could use to actually strenghthen my lashes, whether than just layer upon layer of mascera. Or, is there any type of vitamin that one can take to help lashes grow? I know there is one for hair and skin, would that work for lashes? Hmm....

Thanks for any help!

caffn8me

You're not going to be able to grow extra eyelashes as your sparse eyelashes are genetically determined - as is their length. To be honest I don't think you'll find anything that really helps. Companies may claim that their products work wonders but there's no sound scientific basis for these claims.

To make the most of what you've got it's simply a matter of finding a mascara that really works for you.

For special occasions you could consider using false eyelashes which can look natural if correctly applied.

caffn8me

I was doing makeup on someone a few weeks ago and she had exactly the same problem as well as very sparse (but unplucked) eyebrows. It really was impossible to apply any mascara to her lower lashes as they were so short. She told me her son was just the same!

ChrisKsAngel

Well, at least I can get mascara on my lashes... But my husband and daughter have the most beautiful long lashes... I just recently wore false lashes to a special event and fell in love with them. But oh the time to put them on!

MACgirl

While you cant grow "extra" lashes you can make it seem liek you have alot of thick and long ones. You can go the fake eyelash way but if a whoel strip is to glam for a regular day try buying individual lases, i used them today on a client beucase whiel she did have long lases they were very thin so i just put about five indivual lases on each eye. If you dotn want to go the fake eyelash way you can get a mac fluidliner (or any liqued liner but i find the fluidliner stays put and is less messy) and just line really close to you lash line, and just so thier isnt any space between the lases and your lashline just dot it in those areas speciafically. As for length thier are mascaras out thier that have a primer peice to them promising length, you can always try that.

Hikaru-chan

You could try lash extensions. They stick individual hairs on the lash base to make your own lashes look longer and fuller.
I want them so badly but they cost way too much, £75
ssad.gif

rouquinne

get a mascara with fibres in it for those times when you want long lashes:

Bourjois Coup de Theatre - about $25 Cdn - i'm not sure what it would cost in the US
Avon False Effect - often on sale, but i've only seen ONE good review of it
Japonesque Fast Lash - about $15 US - don't know anyone who's tried it
Jane Hi Fiber Mascara - very inexpensive, good choice if you only use it once in a while

Urban Decay also has a fibre mascara, but i don't know anything about it.

hope this helps!

pumpkincat210

MAC PREP and PRIME LASH!! It is a whitish base with fibers in it. Then after it dries in a minute or so, you put regular mascara on top! Its awesome!!! I can see my lashes now.
Or you can get subtle false lashes..

visivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
MAC PREP and PRIME LASH!! It is a whitish base with fibers in it.

Second! Try it with Cliniques High Impact mascara and you will have dream lashes
eyelove.gif